Senior Manager, System Integration and System Test
Luminar Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: LAZR) is transforming automotive safety and autonomy by delivering the only lidar and associated software that meets the industry’s stringent performance, safety, and economic requirements. Luminar has rapidly gained over 50 industry partners, including a majority of the top global automotive OEMs. In 2020, Luminar signed the industry’s first production deal for autonomous consumer vehicles with Volvo Cars, which now expects to make Luminar’s technology part of the standard safety package on their next generation electric SUV. Additional customer wins include SAIC, Daimler Truck AG, Intel’s Mobileye, Pony.ai and Airbus UpNext. Founded in 2012, Luminar employs approximately 400 with offices in Palo Alto, Orlando, Colorado Springs, Detroit, and Munich.
For more information, please visit www.luminartech.com.
We are seeking a talented System Integration and System Test Senior Manager to lead a team of test engineers who develop test solutions and execute sub-assembly, integration and system level validation for Luminar’s Lidar. Responsibilities include managing the planning, preparation, execution, data acquisition, data analysis, and reporting as well as maintaining and developing the necessary resources, tools and capabilities to support and execute these tests. Functional management portions include time management, performance reviews, staffing and resource planning, training and team engagement.
- Build and manage a team of engineers and technicians; including subsystem test, integration test, and sensor feature and application test leads
- Define and implement comprehensive testing strategies, methodologies, and frameworks
- Oversee the execution of tests, ensuring the accurate and timely validation of individual subsystems' and sensor feature functionality and performance, as well as ensuring successful integration of hardware and firmware components into the complete Lidar system
- Analyze test results, identify areas for improvement, and work with the cross functional teams to address/resolve any issues or anomalies
- Ensure test failures or defects observed during testing are identified, tracked and resolved in accordance with the Engineering Problem Management process
- Assist in basic problem solving, 8D or DFSS to drive RCCA and design improvements
- Drive a culture of quality and accountability, instilling best practices and methodologies for integration and system testing throughout the team
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field
- Strong experience developing test plans for optical systems such as radar, cameras, lidar or similar ADAS systems
- Experience with formal problem-solving methodology and associated tools (e.g. DFSS, 8D, Shainin Red X, etc.)
- Experience with developing test methods to cover both sub-system and system level requirements throughout the product development life cycle
- Experience in specialty engineering disciplines including but not limited to functional safety and reliability
- Minimum 7 years of test engineering experience
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience
- Experience with LiDAR systems engineering
- Automotive experience
- Ability to understand requirements for test development and drive test automation
Luminar is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We will make a reasonable accommodation for any qualified applicant with a disability, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation and that the accommodation would not impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please let us know if you believe you require reasonable accommodation, or if you would like assistance to complete an application or to participate in an interview at the company.
At Luminar, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. This role pays a base between $145,000 and $200,000 per year. Within this range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. You will also be eligible to receive other benefits including: equity in the form of restricted stock unit awards, comprehensive medical and dental coverage, 401k plan, life and disability benefits, flexible time off, paid parental leave, and tuition reimbursement for formal education related to advancing your career at Luminar. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire and schedule type.
*Note that the pay range listed for this position is a good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible base compensation at the time of posting.