DevOps Systems Administrator
Luminar Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: LAZR) is transforming automotive safety and autonomy by delivering the only lidar and associated software that meets the industry’s stringent performance, safety, and economic requirements. Luminar has rapidly gained over 50 industry partners, including a majority of the top global automotive OEMs. In 2020, Luminar signed the industry’s first production deal for autonomous consumer vehicles with Volvo Cars, which now expects to make Luminar’s technology part of the standard safety package on their next generation electric SUV. Additional customer wins include SAIC, Daimler Truck AG, Intel’s Mobileye, Pony.ai and Airbus UpNext. Founded in 2012, Luminar employs approximately 400 with offices in Palo Alto, Orlando, Colorado Springs, Detroit, and Munich.
For more information, please visit www.luminartech.com.
Luminar Technologies is seeking a DevOps Systems Administrator who will be part of the DevOps team and will be supporting all aspects of technology used by the Engineering organization. This position will partner and collaborate with Engineering to administer and support their applications, tools, and platforms. The engineer will need to be able to communicate clearly, exhibit expert level technical knowledge, and collaborate with internal teams to support business objectives.
- Administer and support critical engineering services and tools, such as Jira, Confluence, Github, Gitlab, Artifactory, etc
- Build, implement, and support new engineering tools and platforms
- Design, build, implement, and support a hybrid on-premise and cloud infrastructure development environment
- Monitor, diagnose, and remediate incidents that arise in the development environments
- Develop provisioning, deployment, and deprovisioning strategies for engineering tools
- Implement and automate containerized workflows using technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, and other open-source solutions.
- Collaborate with the engineering teams to support the software development lifecycle through CI/CD pipeline development
- Partner with Information Security to ensure that DevOps systems and infrastructure are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Document, train, and collaborate with other members of the technical teams
- Investigate various open source and proprietary technologies, components, libraries, tools etc. and help build highly available, highly scalable, and easily manageable systems
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
- 8+ years of experience in DevOps or related field supporting engineering applications, tools, and platforms
- 6+ years of experience administering the Atlassian Suite of tools (Jira, Confluence, Crowd, etc.)
- 6 + years of experience with CI & CD pipeline support and development
- 6+ years of experience working in Linux-based development & build environments
- 4+ years of experience with AWS, Docker, Kubernetes & Terraform
- Experience with code repository management, code merge, and code quality checks
- Experience with JFrog Artifactory
- Experience with any static analysis tools like SonarQube or similar tools
- Scripting experience using bash, python, ruby, or similar languages.
- Experience with System Administration including system configuration and networking
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with automation tools, such as chef or ansible preferred
- Experience with deploying and managing large scale production systems and technologies, including load balancing, monitoring, distributed systems, and/or configuration management a huge plus
- Experience leading DevOps teams and in building and maturing CI/CD pipelines a plus
- Basic Project Management knowledge a plus
Luminar is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We will make a reasonable accommodation for any qualified applicant with a disability, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation and that the accommodation would not impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please let us know if you believe you require reasonable accommodation, or if you would like assistance to complete an application or to participate in an interview at the company.