Customer Program Manager
Luminar Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: LAZR) is transforming automotive safety and autonomy by delivering the only lidar and associated software that meets the industry’s stringent performance, safety, and economic requirements. Luminar has rapidly gained over 50 industry partners, including a majority of the top global automotive OEMs. In 2020, Luminar signed the industry’s first production deal for autonomous consumer vehicles with Volvo Cars, which now expects to make Luminar’s technology part of the standard safety package on their next generation electric SUV. Additional customer wins include SAIC, Daimler Truck AG, Intel’s Mobileye, Pony.ai and Airbus UpNext. Founded in 2012, Luminar employs approximately 400 with offices in Palo Alto, Orlando, Colorado Springs, Detroit, and Munich.
For more information, please visit www.luminartech.com.
Team OverviewLuminar Technologies is seeking a Customer Program Manager for leading global cross-functional teams to plan, execute, monitor, and control product development, launch, and change programs. This will include directing and managing project work to meet all program requirements and deliverables while interfacing with all levels of internal cross-functional teams on all aspects of planning, scheduling, organizing, directing, monitoring, and controlling the program. Also, interface with the customer to report out status of program deliverables and milestones. This position reports to the Customer Program Management Leader in the Program Management organization.
- Manages projects to deliver project objectives, at the lowest cost in the available time, considering stakeholder needs. Develops and tracks program schedules and milestones.
- Manages project(s) from award to successful launch in compliance with phase/gate process
- Leads cross-functional completion of Phase Gates, and presents Phase/Gates status to senior leadership
- Organizes, leads, and documents cross-functional team and program status meetings. Aggregates and communicates program status to the project team, management, and other stakeholders
- Develops/manages risk assessment and mitigation plans through risk analysis
- Reports main internal and customer activities including program metrics initiates escalation, and seeks resolution
- Manage the day-to-day interactions with the customer(s) and weekly sync meetings with the key customer(s). Hosts all elements of customer visits.
- Interfaces with product line management, ensuring that the product meets technical requirements and is fully validated (with technical lead)
- Holds team members accountable to meet quality and timeline expectations of their deliverables
- Supports cost reduction initiatives and projects
- Support Business Development Managers to exceed goals for product sales, series production wins, and marketing initiatives
- This role will NOT be responsible for sales forecasts, executive relationships, or account planning
- BS in STEM discipline including but not limited to Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Optical Engineering
- 8+ years working at an Automotive OEM or Tier 1
- 10+ years of experience in a Project or Program Management role
- Experience working with Agile
- Experience with advanced automotive technology
- Experience working with cross-functional teams comprised of engineering, production, sourcing, material management, and quality
- Excellent communication skills and experience interfacing with customers
- Great attention to detail and business acumen
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally, independently, and/or in a fast-paced environment
- Lidar or ADAS/AV Experience preferred
- PMP or Prince2 certification preferred
- Experience working within self-driving vehicles
- Direct ADAS experience
- Experience working with auto-grade software
- Working knowledge of ISO 26262, 14229, or 15031 and ASPICE and IATF processes
- Experience working with rapid-prototyping designs and transitioning into production
- PMP or PMI professional certification
- MBA or Master's in Program Management
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Program Management
Luminar is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We will make a reasonable accommodation for any qualified applicant with a disability, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation and that the accommodation would not impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please let us know if you believe you require reasonable accommodation, or if you would like assistance to complete an application or to participate in an interview at the company.
At Luminar, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. This role pays a base between $175,000.00 and $225,000.00* per year. Within this range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. You will also be eligible to receive other benefits including: equity in the form of restricted stock unit awards, comprehensive medical and dental coverage, 401k plan, life and disability benefits, flexible time off, paid parental leave, and tuition reimbursement for formal education related to advancing your career at Luminar. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire and schedule type.*Note that the pay range listed for this position is a good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible base compensation at the time of posting.