Photonic Test Technician
Freedom Photonics LLC, a Luminar Company, a growing high-technology company based in the Santa Barbara area is seeking to hire a Senior Test Infrastructure Engineer. Freedom Photonics designs, develops and manufactures photonic components, modules, and subsystems, with applications in optical communications and sensing.
The Photonics Test Technician will be working on assembly of laser subassemblies, in-process characterization tests and assembly of full laser packages. Some of the work will be on pre-defined packaging processes and procedures, but this position will be required to perform assembly operations with minimal supervision based on the direction of engineering personnel. Teamwork with a number of other team members is to be expected. Standard test and assembly processes skills required are shown below. Candidates with familiarity with these processes is desired.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting engineers with quality testing, inspections, scheduling and delivery of product
- Loading and unloading test fixtures
- Probing of small and fragile components using probe manipulators and probe cards
- Running standardized tests and collecting data according to existing procedures
- Loading and unloading of full packages into test fixtures
- Testing of full packages and documenting test results per pre-defined procedures
- Visual inspection of components per documented procedures
- Probing of bare chips and subassemblies using probe manipulators and probe cards
- Running standardized tests and collecting and saving data
- Running semi-automated packaging stations
- Testing of full packages and documenting of test results
Skills and Knowledge
- Essential in this position is the ability to follow instructions precisely, work independently, document your work clearly and self-motivate.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office is required
- Handling of delicate semiconductor chips and subassemblies in and around workstations
- Minimum 2 years of related experience desired
- A level of flexibility (ability to work occasional weeknights or weekends) is desired
Pay and Benefits
At Freedom Photonics, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. This role pays a base between $61,300 and $106,000* per year. Within this range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. You will also be eligible to receive other benefits including: equity in the form of restricted stock unit awards, comprehensive medical and dental coverage, 401k plan, life and disability benefits, flexible time off, paid parental leave, and tuition reimbursement for formal education related to advancing your career at Freedom Photonics. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire and schedule type.
*Note that the pay range listed for this position is a good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible base compensation at the time of posting.
Applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, legal permanent resident, asylee, refugee or must be eligible to apply for and obtain the appropriate export control license from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce.