Supplier Quality Engineer
Luminar is a global automotive technology company ushering in a new era of vehicle safety and autonomy. For the past decade, Luminar has built an advanced hardware and software platform to enable its more than 50 industry partners, including the majority of global automotive OEMs. From Volvo Cars and Mercedes-Benz for consumer vehicles and Daimler Trucks for commercial trucks, to tech partners NVIDIA and Intel’s Mobileye, Luminar is poised to be the first automotive technology company to enable next-generation safety and autonomous capabilities for production vehicles.
For more information please visit www.luminartech.com.
Seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer to join our team. Success in this role will be achieved through strong negotiation skills, superior communication, and the ability to manage multiple high priority tasks in a fast-paced environment. Prior experience sourcing mechanical and sleeves would be desirable.
- Understanding, cascading, and executing OEM customer-specific requirements
- Tracking supplier quality performance and qualifying or disqualifying suppliers accordingly
- Maintaining successful relationships with supply, engineering, manufacturing, and regulatory departments
- Calculating and understanding process capability studies and measurement system analyses
- Digital, analog, power and control circuits, and embedded systems
- Managing ESD prevention environments
- Understanding electrical schematics
- Working with component and semiconductor suppliers
- Working with SMT and through-hole technologies for printed circuit boards
- Problem solving methodology (Shainin, Kepner Tregoe, A3, 8D)
- Implementing QMS processes to comply to IATF 16949 or VDA 6.3
- Understanding of IMDS requirements
- Understanding on AEC-Q requirements for EE components
- APQP, PPAP, FMEA, SPC, control plans
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering
- 5 + years of Supplier Quality Engineer experience
- Working knowledge of automotive electronics functional safety per ISO 26262.
- Advanced degree in electrical engineering
- Working knowledge on board-to-board interface
- Semiconductor manufacturing process experience
- Six Sigma black or green belt
- ASQ certification as CQE
Luminar is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We will make a reasonable accommodation for any qualified applicant with a disability, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation and that the accommodation would not impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please let us know if you believe you require reasonable accommodation, or if you would like assistance to complete an application or to participate in an interview at the company.
At Luminar, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. This role pays a base between $83,000 and $117,000 per year. Within this range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. You will also be eligible to receive other benefits including: equity in the form of restricted stock unit awards, comprehensive medical and dental coverage, 401k plan, life and disability benefits, flexible time off, paid parental leave, and tuition reimbursement for formal education related to advancing your career at Luminar. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire and schedule type.
*Note that the pay range listed for this position is a good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible base compensation at the time of posting.