Operations Quality Engineer
Luminar is a global automotive technology company ushering in a new era of vehicle safety and autonomy. For the past decade, Luminar has built an advanced hardware and software platform to enable its more than 50 industry partners, including the majority of global automotive OEMs. From Volvo Cars and Mercedes-Benz for consumer vehicles and Daimler Trucks for commercial trucks, to tech partners NVIDIA and Intel’s Mobileye, Luminar is poised to be the first automotive technology company to enable next-generation safety and autonomous capabilities for production vehicles.
For more information please visit www.luminartech.com.
- This position is located in Monterrey, MX
- PFD, PFMEA, and control plan creation and support
- Scrap reduction/yield improvements
- Management of non-conforming material
- Process problem-solving
- Measurement systems analysis
- Tracking, documenting, and communicating problems daily to cross-functional team members
- Part and process audits
- In process and final quality configuration and inspection oversight
- Quality metric reporting to Luminar and contract manufacturer management teams
- Interface back to Orlando manufacturing, quality, and engineering organizations to resolve open issues
- Coordination of customer visits between OEMs, Luminar
- A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or University in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical Engineering or Quality Assurance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Spanish and English
- Effective problem-solving skills: Shainin, 8D, Ishikawa, 5W…
- Collaborate within cross-functional teams (e.g., Operations, Engineering, Facilities, Contract Manufacturers, Customer Quality)
- Working knowledge of AIAG Core Tools (APQP, PPAP, SPC, MSA, FMEA)
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and can manage multiple projects and priorities
- Proficient in MS Office Excel; Intermediate proficiency in remaining MS Office Suite; Intermediate proficiency in Minitab.
- ISO9001/IATF 16949 exposure or audit experience
- Tier I or Tier II or OEM operations experience (Daimler, Ford, Volvo, Honda, Hyundai et al) preferred
- VDA 6.3 exposure or experience
- Professional experience in automotive quality engineering
- Data driven Six-Sigma green belt preferred
Competitive compensation package with benefits above those mandated by law. Continuous work shift (from 8:00 to 17:00 hours with one hour for taking lunch) or smart work shift based on specific goals/results. Workdays from Monday through Friday or Workdays from Monday through Saturday.
Luminar is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We will make a reasonable accommodation for any qualified applicant with a disability, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation and that the accommodation would not impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please let us know if you believe you require reasonable accommodation, or if you would like assistance to complete an application or to participate in an interview at the company.