Senior Cost Accountant (Shared Services Center)
Luminar Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: LAZR) is transforming automotive safety and autonomy by delivering the only lidar and associated software that meets the industry’s stringent performance, safety, and economic requirements. Luminar has rapidly gained over 50 industry partners, including a majority of the top global automotive OEMs. In 2020, Luminar signed the industry’s first production deal for autonomous consumer vehicles with Volvo Cars, which now expects to make Luminar’s technology part of the standard safety package on their next generation electric SUV. Additional customer wins include SAIC, Daimler Truck AG, Intel’s Mobileye, Pony.ai and Airbus UpNext. Founded in 2012, Luminar employs approximately 400 with offices in Palo Alto, Orlando, Colorado Springs, Detroit, and Munich.
For more information, please visit www.luminartech.com.
We are currently seeking a Senior Cost Accountant. An ideal candidate in this role will be someone with automotive industry background, or other form of manufacturing experience.
- Work on all aspects of costing accounting including standard cost updates and variance analysis
- Prepare accurate journal entries and supporting schedules in accordance with US GAAP for inventory, E&O, freight, overhead allocation, variances, etc.
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations for various accounts including inventory and deferred COGS
- Analyze monthly cost variances and costs of goods sold elements to understand profit margin to recommend cost savings opportunities and report on the gross margin
- Support the preliminary and annual audit requests and inquiries from external auditors and coordinate their participation in the year end physical inventory count
- Proactively evaluate accounting processes and systems and contribute to the development, implementation, and continuous enhancement of procedures, process, and internal controls
- Ad hoc accounting projects and requests as directed
- Minimum of five (5) years of cost accounting experience
- Experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of US GAAP with experience in technical accounting research and implementation of standards
- Detail oriented and organized with solid time management, business writing, analytical, and verbal communication skills
- Experience with mid-tier (and/or large) accounting systems, Infor LN preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency with the MS Office Suite; advanced Excel skills required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent education/work experience
- CA or CPA a plus
Luminar is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We will make a reasonable accommodation for any qualified applicant with a disability, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation and that the accommodation would not impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please let us know if you believe you require reasonable accommodation, or if you would like assistance to complete an application or to participate in an interview at the company.