Data Analyst II
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
As a member of the Support Analytics team, you will be focused on becoming the insights partner for Customer Support leadership, through leveraging all our internal data sets. We’re looking for people with the curiosity to find opportunities and provide direction from the data available to us. You will be working with customer support, product, and customer data and be expected to find clarity out of the noise. In this role you will work with leaders across the company and will be expected to:
Strategize - Work on understanding and optimizing how customer support operates.
Analyze – Build models and metrics to evaluate the products and business, including data extraction, cleaning, analysis, and visualization
Experiment – Use data-driven decision-making to run tests and ask questions as to how we could get more information to drive our business
What You’ll Do:
- Analysis to deliver insights on customer support and business problems
- Build high-level business and customer support metrics
- Perform detailed technical analysis using SQL; Write complex queries
- Be proficient with Python and SQL in order to interpret and suggest required changes
- Be well-versed in performance optimization; specifically SQL
- Be well-versed in handling large data sets
- Build executive-facing reports and dashboards
- Use data to build to inform decision making
- Build a strong working relationship with data experts in other departments (customer success, product, strategic analytics)
What We’re Looking For:
- 4+ years of analytical work experience
- Technical curiosity with the ability to clearly present their insights
- Enjoy solving loosely defined problems, and good at evaluating where to spend time to drive the most value
- Strong technical skills with SQL and Python/R
- Past experience working with Salesforce, Snowflake, Tableau, and/or other similar tools
- Ability to work in challenging, fast-paced environments
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.
Something looks off?