Software Engineer, Mobile (Android)
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
This is a great opportunity to make a significant impact in designing and building our new Motive Fleet Manager Android app and as well as grow by working directly with experienced technology professionals with backgrounds from Silicon Valley companies like Google, Twitter, Facebook and Uber (to name a few). We are looking for candidates who have a familiarity with Java and Kotlin, and a good understanding of system architectures (MVC, MVVM, Redux) and a forward thinking mindset aimed at high readability (declarative) code, as well as identifying problems or bottlenecks before they become issues.
What You'll Do:
- Develop from scratch our new Android Motive App.
- Work with product team to refine feature specs, and work with cross functional teams to create fluid user experiences with interactive visualization for a multitude of data from these different teams
- Communicate with backend engineers about API requirements or refinements, and engage with the senior engineers for mentorship to learn & grow in your areas of interest
- Analyze our user's data to identify bugs, and help support team to diagnose user problems
- Be able to work as part of a small, tightly knit team
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience working on Android apps with a deep understanding of Android SDKs
- Proficiency in Java, Kotlin, Android lifecycle, custom views, database/persistence
- An understanding of Android UI/UX and application design paradigms
- An appreciation and understanding of automated app testing
- Knowledge in RxJava2, Dagger2, and knowledge or interest in commercial vehicles/trucking is a plus!
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.
Something looks off?