Program Management Associate
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
The PMO works with cross-functional stakeholders to enable Motive's growth and business success. We tackle critical strategy problems and lead high priority initiatives to grow faster and scale more efficiently. We also implement process improvements and program manage high-impact, cross-functional projects.
As a Program Management Associate, you’ll work on strategic programs that are driving market expansion for the company, working closely with senior leaders in Sales, Product, Marketing, and more. With support and mentoring from senior members of the PMO, you will assemble and lead large cross-functional teams, build credibility and alignment among key stakeholders, and drive accountability to balance moving quickly with high-quality delivery. The ideal candidate is execution-oriented, deeply organized, adaptable, self-motivated, and eager to attack problems with curiosity and tenacity.
What You'll Do:
- Take ownership of cross functional programs with a high level of executive visibility through the entire program life cycle. Build, maintain, and communicate program plans that include defined timelines, milestones, deliverables, and risks from cross-functional teams.
- Drive accountability and execution across teams to reach desired outcomes while remaining flexible with project management processes required to achieve success.
- Analyze potential risks and implement mitigation plans with project teams to ensure projects stay on track.
- Understand strategic problem solving, identify opportunity areas, make recommendations on priorities and for improvement.
- Use data to prioritize, investigate, and measure outcomes. Analyze and report on KPIs and SLAs.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, explore contingencies, guide timely escalation and/or negotiation up the chain when needed.
- Conduct stakeholder interviews to collect project needs and resource requirements and compile it into a digestible and actionable format
- Drive a continuous improvement mindset, seeking process improvements and optimizing workflows between teams.
What We're Looking For:
- 4+ years total professional experience, preferably in B2B SaaS Operations, Product, Program, or Project Management
- 2+ years experience in project/program management role managing technical and non-technical complex initiatives/projects from initiation to completion
- Execution-oriented with a proven ability to effectively prioritize and organize your work, and the work of others, in a highly dynamic environment
- Expertise with Project Management Tools, such as G-Suite, Excel, Asana, and JIRA
- Exceptional technical and non-technical communication and writing skills, highly organized, collaborative, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work well with different roles, personality types, and seniority levels
- Experience overcoming the difficulties of managing projects with remote and global team members
- Ability to self-motivate and drive projects independently
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.
Something looks off?