Deal Desk Manager, Enterprise
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
We're looking for an experienced Sr. Manager to help build out and manage end-to-end execution of complex deals and streamlined approval processes within our Enterprise business segment. You will guide and establish a deal strategy, invent and simplify deal process and workflow, and get your hands dirty as a subject matter expert providing outstanding customer service and thought leadership to Account Executives, Customer Success Managers, line of business managers and other stakeholders across the go-to-market organization. You will provide agreement structuring and guidance and prepare tailored contractual packages for customers. You will contribute to scalability and efficiency gains in internal processes that impact the overall customer experience and contribute to the company’s overall Sales and Customer Success strategy.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as a strategic and tactical business partner to the sales organization and support functions to facilitate deal composition and approvals, including exception escalation and management, historical account overview, pre-sales objection handling, and account management support
- Make quantitative and qualitative recommendations to executive management on deal approvals
- Serve as a subject matter expert to ensure timely and accurate deal execution throughout the sales cycle, including evaluating discounts and approval policies and all revenue recognition rules adherence.
- Serve as the deal’s internal quarterback, working to resolve open items related to terms and condition issues that impact our stakeholders, and topics related to order processing and management
- Optimize and manage a continuous deal pipeline by ensuring Sales follows Deal Desk guidelines and continuously revise Deal Desk processes to enable best practices
- Develop a holistic understanding of the various components of Motive’s business and be able to apply the multidisciplinary thinking to all your analysis and execution
What We're Looking For:
- 4+ years of operations experience in high-growth technology companies in go-to-market functions like sales, marketing, customer success, and operations
- Expert in Salesforce required; experience in Tableau a plus
- Strong Communicator. Exceptional verbal and written communication, interpersonal, teamwork, and customer service skills.
- Able to work in ambiguous environments under tight and unpredictable timelines
- Ability to navigate through large companies and build and nurture relationships with all kinds of leaders and teams
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.
Something looks off?