Regional Sales Manager, Mid Market
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
As a Regional Sales Manager for our Mid-Market team, you will be a critical leader in one of our most productive segments within the Motive Sales organization. Your primary role will be to act as the business owner for a regional territory, leading a team of experienced account executives to engage and close high-value Mid-Market and Enterprise-level prospects, while ensuring consistent revenue growth and meeting annual recurring revenue (ARR) targets. Your success in this role will be integral to your team's success, as you will be responsible for hiring, coaching, and enabling each account executive, as well as driving the broader Motive business towards outstanding execution and best-in-class results.
This is a unique opportunity to be one of the primary drivers and contributors to one of the fastest-growing sales channels within one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the industry.
What You'll Do:
- Lead a world-class group of seasoned Account Executives, partnering to close some of our largest and highest priority prospects across Motive
- Develop and execute on plans for your team to meet or exceed ARR targets over monthly, quarterly, and annual periods
- Track progress and success of your Account Executives against various primary KPIs, coaching and enabling their success across short and long-term goals
- Implement account executive training and coaching programs to ensure consistency and effectiveness across the organization
- Cultivate a culture of high-performance and accountability through best-in-class hiring and ongoing coaching
- Collaborate with your Account Executives and directly engage high-priority client prospects to help sell the value of Motive and close large six-figure accounts
- Lead the team in delivering outstanding execution across pipeline management, account planning, forecasting, and sales execution
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years experience directly managing SaaS sales teams
- History of exceeding sales targets with Mid-Market and Enterprise-level clients
- Ability to lead and motivate others to action, including best-in-class customer skills communication, empathy, and integrity
- A people-based mindset, with a passion for coaching and developing sales talent at all levels and a history of developing great sales cultures
- Examples of bringing a great sense of rigor, executions and accountability to your team’s day-to-day processes
- Ability to collaborate with internal cross-functional partners across Product, Marketing, Customer Success, Legal and Ops
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM, sales methodologies (MEDDIC/MEDDPIC), and other best practices for qualifying new business, managing pipeline, accelerating wins, and delivering on revenue targets
Your compensation may be based on several factors, including education, work experience, and certifications. For certain roles, total compensation may include restricted stock units. Motive offers benefits including health, pharmacy, optical and dental care benefits, paid time off, sick time off, short term and long term disability coverage, life insurance as well as 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Learn more about our benefits by visiting Motive Perks & Benefits.
The compensation range for this position will depend on where you reside. For this role, the on-target earnings (base pay + commissions) are:
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.
Something looks off?