Senior Product Manager
Fictiv Exists to Enable Hardware Innovators to Build Better Products, Faster
Fictiv, coined the “AWS of manufacturing,” is a leading technology company transforming the $350 billion manufacturing industry. Our cutting-edge cloud platform uses AI and machine learning algorithms to help companies build hardware at the speed of software. Come join our growing team!
What’s in it for you?
Opportunity To Unlock Your Creativity
Think of all the times you were held back from trying new ideas because you were boxed in by bureaucratic legacy processes or old school tactics. Having a growth mindset is deeply ingrained into our company culture since day 1 so Fictiv is an environment where you have the creative liberty and support of the team to try big bold ideas to achieve our sales and customer goals.
Opportunity To Grow Your Career
Will you be challenged by teammates to achieve your potential? Or are they roles that will ask you to do more of what you've already mastered. At Fictiv, you'll be surrounded by supportive teammates who will push you to be your best through their curiosity and passion.
Impact In This Role
As the Senior Product Manager, you will be responsible for the ongoing development and maintenance of Fictiv’s Manufacturing Quoting & Fulfillment platform that interfaces with customers, operations teams, and a growing global manufacturing partner network. You will own the strategy, roadmap, and implementation of solutions related to your areas of responsibility without compromising customer satisfaction, growth, reliable delivery, and operational efficiency. The solutions you will contribute to are the primary strategic vehicle for providing differentiated value to our customers and manufacturing partners to deliver best-in-class manufacturing service offerings.In this role, you will serve as the domain expert in understanding the needs of our customers and manufacturing partners, bridging the potential of technology, operational process needs, and business goals into innovative solutions that will set new standards for speed and quality of quoting and fulfilment.
What You’ll Be Doing
Business acumen and domain awareness
- You will research and evaluate the needs of our customers to understand their priorities and their new product development challenges, as well as hear and assess their feedback on their Fictiv experience.
- You will assess the needs of internal users, understand the relevant operational workflows, and be able to identify opportunities to meaningfully increase operational efficiency.
- You will assess the needs of our growing network of manufacturing partners, understand their business goals, and capabilities, and be able to identify opportunities to deliver differentiated value.
- Develop a strategic vision for how to deliver on critical business goals and support Fictiv’s growth trajectory. Build and execute a product roadmap that will evolve the solution to realize this vision.
Roadmap work analysis, breakdown, and scoping
- Analyze, comprehend, and take ownership of the product roadmap related to your area of responsibility and translate high-level goals into detailed objectives and projects.
- Develop a robust framework for tracking input and output metrics, providing a quantitative assessment of the success and impact of each project.
- Build the business case for expanding capabilities and secure alignment on investments among the management team and stakeholders.
- Scope and define the requirements for each roadmap item to ensure clarity and alignment with overall product objectives.
- Navigate and manage trade-offs between speed of delivery and maintaining project scope for overall project success.
- Estimate project scope and timeline in collaboration with the engineering development team.
- Proactively identify potential risks associated with scope decisions and work collaboratively with teams to develop mitigation strategies that align with project timelines and business objectives.
- Establish a point of view of the problems to solve and bring those insights to the team.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders to understand their unique challenges and create a foundation for successful collaboration.
- Engage with teams to ensure a comprehensive understanding of the product roadmap, actively seeking input and insights.
- Foster a collaborative environment where input from various departments is encouraged, promoting a holistic approach to scoping and defining product requirements.
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders across software engineering, user experience design, operations, and sales and marketing to develop hypotheses and high-impact solutions.
- Lead cross-functional meetings to facilitate communication between teams, establish mutual understanding, build consensus on scope, align priorities, and break down work to deliver on goals.
- Actively seek feedback from stakeholders on project deliverables and adjust plans accordingly, fostering a responsive and collaborative approach to project management.
Execution and risk management
- Implement Agile methodologies to organize and manage upcoming sprints, ensuring a streamlined and efficient development process.
- Analyze metrics to measure success, adapting the product as needed to optimize for business outcomes and strategic priorities.
- Continuously refine and increase the fidelity of project timelines as the project progresses, leveraging collaboration with the development team to address issues that may impact the estimated timelines.
- Keep stakeholders apprised of project progress, providing regular updates on milestones achieved and potential deviations from the plan.
- Partner with development teams in India and the US to achieve successful outcomes through communication of business needs, requirements, and priorities while removing friction where needed.
- Drive product launches by ensuring that all parts of the organization are prepared at launch.
- Create trust and transparency by communicating team progress and results to stakeholders; help the organization celebrate successes and learn from failures.
- Travel 20% annually for team meetings, research, and training.
- Maintain a daily time overlap with the US hours to communicate with teams, stakeholders, and users.
- Proven track record of product lifecycle management with 5 years of experience as a product manager, preferably focused on B2B software applications.
- Experience navigating systems with interdependencies and integrations, showcasing an ability to strategically manage complex technical landscapes.
- Experience developing and gaining agreement on business plans or roadmaps.
- History of orchestrating complex end-to-end processes involving multiple roles, emphasizing a comprehensive understanding of cross-functional collaboration and workflow optimization.
- Experience in business analysis, showcasing proficiency in optimizing internal workflows and business metrics to enhance overall efficiency and performance.
- Experience in Agile methodologies and the ability to apply them to optimize development processes.
- Practical experience in leveraging customer insights and metrics to drive and strategic product decisions and nurture growth.
- Understanding of the business model as a manufacturing service provider.
- Experience in manufacturing, supply chains, or industries where intricate processes and logistical considerations are important to product development and delivery.
- Some operating or technical knowledge in one or more manufacturing processes (3D Printing, CNC, Injection Molding, Sheet Metal, etc).
Interested in learning more? We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Our Digital Manufacturing Ecosystem is transforming how the next rockets, self-driving cars, and life-saving robots are designed, developed and delivered to customers around the world.
This transformation is made possible through our technology-backed platform, our global network of manufacturing partners, and our people with deep expertise in hardware and software development.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.