Associate Technical Program Manager MP Facing- US Shift
Fictiv Exists to Enable Hardware Innovators to Build Better Products, Faster
Fictiv, coined the “AWS of manufacturing,” is a leading technology company transforming the $350 billion manufacturing industry. Our cutting-edge cloud platform uses AI and machine learning algorithms to help companies build hardware at the speed of software. Come join our growing team!
What’s in it for you?
Opportunity To Unlock Your Creativity
Think of all the times you were held back from trying new ideas because you were boxed in by bureaucratic legacy processes or old school tactics. Having a growth mindset is deeply ingrained into our company culture since day 1 so Fictiv is an environment where you have the creative liberty and support of the team to try big bold ideas to achieve our sales and customer goals.
Opportunity To Grow Your Career
There are plenty of sales jobs out there. The question is whether any of them will help you grow in your career? Will you be challenged by teammates to achieve your potential? Or are they roles that will ask you to do more of what you've already mastered. At Fictiv, you'll be surrounded by supportive teammates who will push you to be your best through their curiosity and passion.
Impact In This Role
At Fictiv, we’re building a company that is developing the operating system for sourcing custom mechanical parts. We already enjoy manufacturing and delivering highly complex, high quality parts for our Fortune 500 customers who are building the future with products like autonomous electric vehicles, surgical systems, and industrial robots. As we scale our business, we are looking to expand our growth within India.
In your role as TPM, you will be working directly with our manufacturing partners in the United States, you’ll be using your engineering background and manufacturing process knowledge, to manage high mix/low volume projects ensuring we’re executing projects within scope, to the customer requirements and within budget , while maintaining customer satisfaction. You will ensure that there is a match between our customer’s requirements and the capabilities of the manufacturing partner you are assigning a project to. You will be responsible for scheduling assigned work orders and act as a Project Engineer to address any in-process questions our manufacturing partners may raise, provide production status visibility to our customers, and mitigate major project risks that pose a threat to meeting our customers specifications.
As a key member of the team, you will be taking our currently developed processes and driving their use in a new region with new manufacturing partners. Additionally, you will actively identify areas for improvement in your workflow and in the systems used by the Technical Project Management team, and will drive those improvements through cross functional projects.
We have two sets of customers—our builders, who order parts through us, and our manufacturing partners, who manufacture and assemble these parts—and you’ll take the inputs from our builders and work with our manufacturing partners to deliver on our builders’ expectations. At Fictiv, we believe in creating the world’s premier platform for hardware manufacturing, and you’ll be playing a critical role in making that happen.
You will report to the head of Program Management
What You’ll Be Doing
- Project Management – Manage projects throughout entire execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget, and timeline.
- Risk Mitigation - Mitigate risks and coordinate with various stakeholders (internally and externally) in order to ensure the on-time delivery of an order to the builders’ design specifications.
- Work Order Assignment – Take ownership of scheduling and overseeing the distribution of your assigned manufacturing work orders to members of our manufacturing partner network in order to fulfill our builders’ orders on time.
- Production Issue Resolution – Answer open technical questions that our manufacturers may have around how best to manufacture the parts, and build the products that we have assigned to them.
- Change Order Management – Ensure post-sale change requests from all stakeholders are evaluated, and appropriately implemented while mitigating any associated risks.
- Continuous Improvement – Identifying areas of improvement and driving tactical and strategic improvements to the Technical Project Management workflow.
- Communication Management - Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and 5+ years equivalent work experience with minimal 2 years project management role in hardware / manufacturing as an OEM or, ideally, as a contract manufacturer.
- Strong team orientation & communication skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience working in night shift.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, experience working in multicultural environments.
- Background in working with a minimum of three of the following manufacturing processes:
- 3DP Printing - Preferred
- CNC Machining - MUST
- Rapid Tooling - Preferred
- Injection Molding - Preferred
- Urethane Casting
- Sheet Metal Fabrication
- Proven project management skills: scope, timing and quality management.
- Good understanding in quality management, testing and logistics.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders, managing project requirements, aligning expectations, and maintaining project communications through a successful project completion.
- Experience in low volume piece part and proto builds - Prefered.
- You are excellent with problem-solving skills.
- You are results-oriented.
- Possesses a good sense of urgency, demonstrated ability of owning and managing delivery schedules across tight deadlines.
- You are meticulous, detail-oriented, and have an inclination for documentation.
- You have a history of data-based decision making.
- Self-starter, manages time efficiently, able to complete work in a timely manner without active supervision.
- Adaptable and gritty - you can work with ambiguous or under-defined processes and while still being able to output work that meets the ultimate goals of the project.
- You’re able to see the benefit to systems that can be both repeatable and adaptable, and you’re able to improve the reliability of these systems while maintaining their flexibility.er without active supervision
Interested in learning more? We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Our Digital Manufacturing Ecosystem is transforming how the next rockets, self-driving cars, and life-saving robots are designed, developed and delivered to customers around the world.
This transformation is made possible through our technology-backed platform, our global network of manufacturing partners, and our people with deep expertise in hardware and software development.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.