Sourcing Specialist (NA Support)
Fictiv Exists to Enable Hardware Innovators to Build Better Products, Faster
Fictiv, coined the “AWS of manufacturing,” is a leading technology company transforming the $350 billion manufacturing industry. Our cutting-edge cloud platform uses AI and machine learning algorithms to help companies build hardware at the speed of software. Come join our growing team!
What’s in it for you?
Your role as Fictiv’s Sourcing Specialist will focus on the intelligent sourcing, qualification, and distribution of work to our Manufacturing Partner network (they’re more than just Suppliers). At Fictiv, we believe in creating the world’s premier platform for hardware manufacturing, and you’ll be playing a critical role in making that happen.
In this role, you’ll be using your educational background and experience in supplier sourcing, qualification, onboarding, and development to manage Fictiv’s distributed Manufacturing Partner network in the United States. We win everyday because of the competitive advantage that our Platform, People, Processes, and Partners provides to our customers.
You’ll monitor Fictiv’s capacity needs based on Fictiv’s demand forecasts and assist with onboarding activities to ensure we are able to meet customer demand while maintaining a healthy distribution of spend across our Manufacturing Partner network. You’ll work with members of our US Strategic Sourcing team to oversee our hub of partners in the United States that perform CNC machining, 3D printing, injection molding, sheet metal fabrication and more. Where necessary, you’ll use your negotiation skills to increase engagement with strategic partners and implement terms to foster long term alignment of business goals.
You’ll work cross-functionally with our Scheduling / Project Management team to ensure timely distribution of work to our Manufacturing Partners and with our Quality team to monitor Manufacturing Partner performance. At Fictiv you will have regular opportunities to participate in various software and process improvement projects that interact with a variety of stakeholders across the organization.
Opportunity To Unlock Your Creativity
Think of all the times you were held back from trying new ideas because you were boxed in by bureaucratic legacy processes or old school tactics. Having a growth mindset is deeply ingrained into our company culture since day 1 so Fictiv is an environment where you have the creative liberty and support of the team to try big bold ideas to achieve our sales and customer goals.
Opportunity To Grow Your Career
There are plenty of sales jobs out there. The question is whether any of them will help you grow in your career? Will you be challenged by teammates to achieve your potential? Or are they roles that will ask you to do more of what you've already mastered. At Fictiv, you'll be surrounded by supportive teammates who will push you to be your best through their curiosity and passion.
Impact In This Role
Ultimately you’ll be responsible for helping qualify and build relationships with our strategic partner network while partnering with internal stakeholders to ensure the proper distribution of opportunities to meet our customers' needs. You will report to the Regional Lead of Strategic Sourcing (US).
What You’ll Be Doing
- Vendor Onboarding – Sourcing vendors that meet Fictiv’s target vendor profile (i.e. a trusted partner who can produce high quality parts on tight lead times). Walk them through onboarding evaluation steps and initial probationary stages to become preferred vendors.
- Vendor Scorecarding – Generate scorecards and feedback for our vendors to help them understand how to improve and receive more jobs from Fictiv.
- Job Scheduling – Oversee the distribution of manufacturing jobs to our vendor network in order to fulfill our builders’ orders on time.
- Builder Satisfaction – Monitor customer satisfaction survey results and organize manufacturing or logistics related feedback into actionable improvements. When the situation requires it, perform failure analysis, handle the RMA process, and document the solution & cost.
- Continuous Improvement – Identifying areas of improvement and driving those improvements to the responsibilities listed above.
- You are meticulous, detail-oriented, and have an inclination for documentation
- You have a history of data-based decision making
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, manages time efficiently, able to complete work in a timely manner without active supervision
Interested in learning more? We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Our Digital Manufacturing Ecosystem is transforming how the next rockets, self-driving cars, and life-saving robots are designed, developed and delivered to customers around the world.
This transformation is made possible through our technology-backed platform, our global network of manufacturing partners, and our people with deep expertise in hardware and software development.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.