Senior Software Engineering Manager
Fictiv Exists to Enable Hardware Innovators to Build Better Products, Faster
Fictiv, coined the “AWS of manufacturing,” is a leading technology company transforming the $350 billion manufacturing industry. Our cutting-edge cloud platform uses AI and machine learning algorithms to help companies build hardware at the speed of software. Come join our growing team!
What’s in it for you?
Opportunity To Unlock Your Creativity
Think of all the times you were held back from trying new ideas because you were boxed in by bureaucratic legacy processes or old school tactics. Having a growth mindset is deeply ingrained into our company culture since day 1 so Fictiv is an environment where you have the creative liberty and support of the team to try big bold ideas to achieve our sales and customer goals.
Opportunity To Grow Your Career
There are plenty of sales jobs out there. The question is whether any of them will help you grow in your career? Will you be challenged by teammates to achieve your potential? Or are they roles that will ask you to do more of what you've already mastered. At Fictiv, you'll be surrounded by supportive teammates who will push you to be your best through their curiosity and passion.
Impact In This Role
Make a Real Difference:
We enable product innovation on a global scale – from self-driving cars to low-cost water purification systems. With our platform, our customers can experiment faster, build higher quality, and create world-changing products.
Lead 2-3 engineering teams through the product roadmap to unlock new platform capabilities and revenue streams. If you want to have an impact in a high-growth business, this role is for you.
Leadership Growth: Fictiv is growing and has multiple opportunities for you to shape and contribute to how we deliver on innovation. We’re looking to you for fresh ideas and expertise to level up our organisation.
- You will report to the Director of Engineering.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Build and lead resilient, high-performing teams where engineers can do their best work
- Establish and continually improve team processes to enable iterative delivery, innovation, and high reliability
- Drive near- and long-term improvements to engineering-wide activities such as development practices, hiring / onboarding, team cohesion, and incident response
- Resolve systemic obstacles to team health, system performance, and team delivery
- Embrace and extend a culture of transparency, safety, and growth
- Academic background in computer engineering or equivalent streams
- 18+ years of overall software industry experience, and 6+ years of relevant experience in leading engineering teams
- Prior experience as a technical leader for a business-critical cloud-based software system
- Good to have - Prior experience in the manufacturing business domain
- Proven experience recruiting and developing top talent, including managing managers
Interested in learning more? We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Our Digital Manufacturing Ecosystem is transforming how the next rockets, self-driving cars, and life-saving robots are designed, developed and delivered to customers around the world.
This transformation is made possible through our technology-backed platform, our global network of manufacturing partners, and our people with deep expertise in hardware and software development.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.