Fictiv Exists to Enable Hardware Innovators to Build Better Products, Faster
Fictiv, coined the “AWS of manufacturing,” is a leading technology company transforming the $350 billion manufacturing industry. Our cutting-edge cloud platform uses AI and machine learning algorithms to help companies build hardware at the speed of software. Come join our growing team!
What’s in it for you?
Opportunity To Unlock Your Creativity
Think of all the times you were held back from trying new ideas because you were boxed in by bureaucratic legacy processes or old school tactics. Having a growth mindset is deeply ingrained into our company culture since day 1 so Fictiv is an environment where you have the creative liberty and support of the team to try big bold ideas to achieve our sales and customer goals.
Opportunity To Grow Your Career
There are plenty of sales jobs out there. The question is whether any of them will help you grow in your career? Will you be challenged by teammates to achieve your potential? Or are they roles that will ask you to do more of what you've already mastered. At Fictiv, you'll be surrounded by supportive teammates who will push you to be your best through their curiosity and passion.
Impact In This Role
Your role as a Assistant Manager-Quality will be to support and drive improvements with our corporate Quality Management System, ensuring it is agile enough to support our pre-production customers and disciplined enough to meet the requirements of our production customers, while meeting the needs of our ISO9001 registration. This will involve frequent interactions and collaboration with our global Quality teams to ensure that we are implementing a common set of best practices.
You will own the internal QMS audit program, identifying best practices and disseminating them through the organization.
You will be responsible for ensuring that Fictiv has a robust mix of leading and lagging quality performance indicators which drive real improvements, and are not just wallpaper. As the business continues to scale, you will be responsible for continually replacing stale indicators with more effective ones.
In this role, you’ll be using your quality engineering background, leveraging your analytical and structured problem solving skills, to resolve issues and to continually drive improvements. This will include supporting both internal and external customers. You will use your people management skills to get the most out of your team.
You will work closely with our engineers to ensure that Fictiv’s unique business tools are optimized to support the worldwide deployment of our quality management system.
You will be instrumental in giving customers the confidence that Fictiv’s quality management system is at least as good as, but preferably better than theirs. You will be key in maintaining quality as a competitive advantage for Fictiv.
You will report to the General Manager, India, with a dotted line reporting into the Director of Global Quality. Local Supplier Quality Engineers and Quality Control teams will report to you. You will also provide support to the North America support Quality Team based in Bengaluru, as requested by your counterpart in the US.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Taking the existing Fictiv QMS and making it adaptable to meet the agility requirements of pre-production customers yet disciplined for the needs of production customers, as well as customizing it for any necessary regional requirements
- Ensuring successful certification of our ISO 9001 compliant QMS with accredited registrars
- Extending our QMS to include industry-specific ISO standards (e.g. AS9100, ISO13485, TS16949), as applicable
- Extending our QMS to cover unique customer requirements
- Communicating our QMS requirements to the Bengaluru team and verifying their understanding
- Managing the internal audit program in Bengaluru to disseminate best practices and identify opportunities for global improvements
- Managing a team of Bengaluru-based supplier quality engineers to integrate -Fictiv’s manufacturing partners into our QMS and drive continual improvement in their performance
- Managing a team of Bengaluru-based QC inspectors to ensure customers receive the highest quality parts and reducing/eliminating all root causes for escaping defects
- Reviewing the effectiveness of existing quality key performance indicators and ensuring their accuracy, completeness, and timeliness
- Replacing quality key performance indicators with more appropriate ones as business needs change
- Applying your problem solving skills to resolve issues as they arise, internally and externally, oftentimes supporting colleagues as they have problems to address
- Specifying requirements for Fictiv’s business tools and working with the engineering owners to implement improvements in both project and sustaining environments
- People management: hiring and performance management
- Minimum of 5 years working in a quality management role
- You are results-oriented, data-driven, and self-directed, using a process approach and risk-based thinking to make significant changes
- Your excellent verbal and written communication skills allow you to collaborate successfully at all levels in the organization as well as with suppliers and customers
- You will have experience of working in a quickly scaling organization with demonstrated agility dealing successfully with unplanned changes
- You will blend tactical pragmatism with strategic innovation
- You will have experience with quality management system audits to the ISO 9001 standard, and knowledge of other quality management standards such as AS9100, ISO 13485, IATF 16949, etc
Our Digital Manufacturing Ecosystem is transforming how the next rockets, self-driving cars, and life-saving robots are designed, developed and delivered to customers around the world.
This transformation is made possible through our technology-backed platform, our global network of manufacturing partners, and our people with deep expertise in hardware and software development.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.