Injection Molding Process Engineer (RJG Certified) - Mexico
Fictiv Exists to Enable Hardware Innovators to Build Better Products, Faster
Fictiv, coined the “AWS of manufacturing,” is a leading technology company transforming the $350 billion manufacturing industry. Our cutting-edge cloud platform uses AI and machine learning algorithms to help companies build hardware at the speed of software. Come join our growing team!
What’s in it for you?
Opportunity To Unlock Your Creativity
Think of all the times you were held back from trying new ideas because you were boxed in by bureaucratic legacy processes or old-school tactics. Having a growth mindset is deeply ingrained into our company culture since day one so Fictiv is an environment where you have the creative liberty and support of the team to try big bold ideas to achieve our sales and customer goals.
Opportunity To Grow Your Career
There are plenty of jobs out there. The question is whether any of them will help you grow in your career. Will you be challenged by teammates to achieve your potential? Or are they roles that will ask you to do more of what you've already mastered? At Fictiv, you'll be surrounded by supportive teammates who will push you to be your best through their curiosity and passion.
Impact In This Role
We’re looking for an expert Injection Molding Process & Tooling Engineer to help drive our Global Tooling program, based in Monterrey, Mexico. You’ll be one of the founding members focused on building our Injection Molding Transfer program to help Fortune 500 customers leverage our global manufacturing network to bring advanced Injection Molding products to Mexico. You’ll work with some of the most innovative customers in Medical, Automotive, Consumer goods, and Transportation companies to near-shore their supply chain to bring new innovation to the market.
You will report to the General Manager - Mexico.
Come join us as we continue to build our presence in the Monterrey, Mexico area!
What You’ll Be Doing
As an Injection Molding Process & Tooling Engineer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Working directly with our team in China on tooling design and operational workflow to enable successful tooling transfer
- Interface with both USA and Mexico Injection Molding suppliers to validate and bring transferred tools online to make success components
- Work with repairs shops to fix and validate any technical issues to make each mold operational
- Support sales with technical questions and requirements during the sales calls and visits
Preferred Qualifications and Traits
- Degreed engineer
- Scientific Molding experience
- RJG Master Molder I or II certified (Required)
- +10 years of injection molding experience
- +5 years experience working with China suppliers on tooling transfers
- Expert in mold repair and debugging injection molding issues
- Bilingual in English and Spanish - excellent written and verbal English communication skills (Required)
- Ability to travel to the USA and China
- 10-20% travel required
Fictiv is continuing to build our presence in Mexico, with our new office in Monterrey, and our team growing within the manufacturing industry our Core Team will be instrumental in helping us build upon our current success in the market.
Interested in learning more? We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Our Digital Manufacturing Ecosystem is transforming how the next rockets, self-driving cars, and life-saving robots are designed, developed and delivered to customers around the world.
This transformation is made possible through our technology-backed platform, our global network of manufacturing partners, and our people with deep expertise in hardware and software development.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.