Fictiv Exists to Enable Hardware Innovators to Build Better Products, Faster
Fictiv, coined the “AWS of manufacturing,” is a leading technology company transforming the $350 billion manufacturing industry. Our cutting-edge cloud platform uses AI and machine learning algorithms to help companies build hardware at the speed of software. Come join our growing team!
At Fictiv, we’re inspired every day by our customers and teammates.
You’ll have the opportunity to interact with some of the most renowned companies on the planet who make physical products loved by millions. You’ll be working with some of the highest quality and most talented vendors who produce what seems impossible to produce. You’ll be surrounded by a wicked awesome team who are obsessed with winning the hearts and minds of product engineers and designers who are literally building the future (think autonomous cars)... today.
Impact In This Role
Your role as a Manufacturing Engineer will be to support and drive improvement to our critical manufacturing functions. We have two sets of customers—our builders, who order parts through us, and our manufacturing partners, who manufacture and assemble these parts—and you’ll be consistently working at the interface between the two. At Fictiv, we believe in creating the world’s premier platform for hardware manufacturing, and you’ll be playing a critical role in making that happen.
In your role as the Manufacturing Engineer, you will be reviewing and analyzing the manufacturability and costs associated with part fabrication (including die casting, compression molding, LSR, and other manufacturing processes requiring tooling) and mechanical assembly. In this role, you’ll be using your Mechanical Engineering background, knowledge of manufacturing processes, and experience having brought mechanical components into high volume manufacturing to determine what design changes may need to be made to our builders’ design specifications in order to meet their needs and to very accurately price out the cost of fabricating a part. Ultimately, you’ll be working daily to use your technical expertise to provide pricing to builders and to assist in the development of pricing calculators and, ultimately, automation of pricing & DFM to reduce the time to quote for our builders and reduce overhead for our manufacturing partners.
You will report to the Lead Manufacturing Engineer.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Release Package Review – Analyze models, drawings, parts lists, and other data to determine scope of work, fabrication feasibility, cost to fabricate, and minimum lead time.
- Quoting – Combine your analysis with Fictiv’s software recommendations and feedback from our manufacturing partners to generate quotes for builders.
- DFM Feedback – Provides DFM feedback to builders, such as recommended design change to adapt the tooling manufacturing limitation.
- Program Support – Although your primary responsibilities are centered around supporting RFQ package evaluation, you’ll sometimes use your technical expertise to provide recommendations for how to unblock or de-risk orders that are already in production.
- Associate degree
- -At least 10 Years manufacturing working experience
- -At least 3 years of tooling design experience
- Have 3 years of automobile injection molding experience
- Able to read regular 2D drawings
- Able to read English, write English,speak English is plus
- Have export tooling experience
- Personality, earnestly and responsible, Team spirit, Integrity and Honesty.
- Self-starter, manages time efficiently, able to complete work in a timely manner without active supervision
- Enjoys sharing knowledge and teaching others about manufacturing
Perks and Benefits
- Housing fund, and social insurance, commercial insurance for employee and your child
- Annual leave, paid sick leave
- Team celebrations
- Annual training opportunities including English learning, technical skills certifications,
- Yearly health check-up
- And much, much more!
Interested in learning more? We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Our Digital Manufacturing Ecosystem is transforming how the next rockets, self-driving cars, and life-saving robots are designed, developed and delivered to customers around the world.
This transformation is made possible through our technology-backed platform, our global network of manufacturing partners, and our people with deep expertise in hardware and software development.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.