Technical Program Manager (Manufacturing), Customer - US Shift
Fictiv Exists to Enable Hardware Innovators to Build Better Products, Faster
Fictiv, coined the “AWS of manufacturing,” is a leading technology company transforming the $350 billion manufacturing industry. Our cutting-edge cloud platform uses AI and machine learning algorithms to help companies build hardware at the speed of software. Come join our growing team!
What’s in it for you?
Opportunity To Unlock Your Creativity
Think of all the times you were held back from trying new ideas because you were boxed in by bureaucratic legacy processes or old school tactics. Having a growth mindset is deeply ingrained into our company culture since day 1 so Fictiv is an environment where you have the creative liberty and support of the team to try big bold ideas to achieve our sales and customer goals.
Opportunity To Grow Your Career
There are plenty of sales jobs out there. The question is whether any of them will help you grow in your career? Will you be challenged by teammates to achieve your potential? Or are they roles that will ask you to do more of what you've already mastered. Please upload your CV in PDF and Word format. At Fictiv, you'll be surrounded by supportive teammates who will push you to be your best through their curiosity and passion.
Impact In This Role
At Fictiv, we’re building a company that is developing the operating system for sourcing custom mechanical parts. We already enjoy manufacturing and delivering highly complex, high quality parts for our Fortune 500 customers who are building the future with products like autonomous electric vehicles, surgical systems, and industrial robots. As we scale our business, we are looking to expand our growth within India.
In your role as Technical Program Manager, you will be working directly with our US based customers, you’ll be using your engineering background, manufacturing process knowledge and management experience, to develop and implement effective and efficient program plans to ensure we’re executing programs within scope, budget and timing; while meeting or exceeding our customer’s expectations. You will be the customer’s point of contact; you will drive scope clarity (internally and externally), issue resolution, stakeholder management and program success. You will be responsible for overseeing multiple programs across multiple regions, proactively managing risk, addressing any customer requests and coordinating across corresponding regional operations teams to keep programs on track and provide the corresponding program updates.
As an experienced member of the team, you will be following our defined processes and driving their use in a new region with new manufacturing partners. Additionally, you will actively identify areas for improvement in your workflow and in the systems used by the Technical Program Management team, and will drive those improvements through cross functional projects. You will also be working cross functionally to support the development of robust processes which will ensure the successful introduction of new service offerings that Fictiv launches to the public.
We have two sets of customers—our builders, who order parts through us, and our manufacturing partners, who manufacture and assemble these parts—and you’ll take the inputs from our builders and work with our manufacturing partners to deliver on our builders’ expectations. At Fictiv, we are building the operating system for custom mechanical parts through New Product Development, and you’ll be playing a critical role in making that happen.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Program Management – Manage projects with top-down oversight throughout entire execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget, and timeline.
- Program Planning - Develop robust project plans that meet the customer expectations, and coordinate various stakeholders throughout the program lifecycle.
- Program Risk Management - Identify risks, implement risk mitigation plans and coordinate with various stakeholders (internally and externally) in order to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Project requirements and fulfillment needs - Identify customer and fulfillment requirements, address any open gaps per the program plan.
- Customer Management and Relationship Building – Keep the customer informed on the program status, support change requests, drive issue resolution and drive customer agreement/decision making to keep the program on track, provide solutions to customer’s pain points and help them succeed.
- Change Order Management – Ensure post-sale change requests from all stakeholders are evaluated, and appropriately addressed while mitigating any associated risks.
- Continuous Improvement – Identifying areas of improvement and driving tactical and strategic improvements to the Technical Program Management workflow.
- Communication Management - Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Program Performance Monitoring - Monitor project progress continuously in alignment to the Program Management metrics, provide visibility to the leadership team and escalate when necessary.
- Program Resource Management - Manage resource planning in alignment with the program needs, coordinate with functional leads to identify corresponding stakeholders and to address capacity/capability gaps.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering (or equivalent) and 7 to 10 years of equivalent work experience with minimum 5 years in a project management role within fast-paced hardware product development projects, working directly with US based customers.
- Strong team orientation & communication skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, experience working in multinational environments.
- Previous experience working in night shift working during US business hours.
- Background in working with a minimum of three of the following manufacturing processes:
- 3DP Printing
- CNC Machining - MUST
- Rapid Tooling - Preferred
- Injection Molding - MUST
- Urethane Casting
- Sheet Metal Fabrication
- FATP - Preferred
- Proven project management skills: scope, timing and quality management.
- Good understanding in quality management, testing, sourcing, SCM management, logistics and finance.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders, managing project requirements, aligning expectations, and maintaining project communications through a successful project completion.
- Experience in low volume and proto builds.
- Good understanding of the hardware product development process: EVT, DVT, PVT, MP.
- You are excellent with problem-solving skills.
- You are results-oriented.
- Possesses a good sense of urgency, demonstrated ability of owning and managing delivery schedules across tight deadlines.
- You are meticulous, detail-oriented, and have an inclination for documentation.
- You have a history of data-based decision making.
- Self-starter, manages time efficiently, able to complete work in a timely manner without active supervision.
- Adaptable and gritty - you can work with ambiguous or under-defined processes and while still being able to output work that meets the ultimate goals of the project.
- You’re able to see the benefit to systems that can be both repeatable and adaptable, and you’re able to improve the reliability of these systems while maintaining their flexibility.
Perks and Benefits
- Transportation facility will be available
- Canteen facility will be available
- Safe working environment
Interested in learning more? We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Our Digital Manufacturing Ecosystem is transforming how the next rockets, self-driving cars, and life-saving robots are designed, developed and delivered to customers around the world.
This transformation is made possible through our technology-backed platform, our global network of manufacturing partners, and our people with deep expertise in hardware and software development.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.