Project Engineer, Manufacturing
Fictiv Exists to Enable Hardware Innovators to Build Better Products, Faster
Fictiv, coined the “AWS of manufacturing,” is a leading technology company transforming the $350 billion manufacturing industry. Our cutting-edge cloud platform uses AI and machine learning algorithms to help companies build hardware at the speed of software. Come join our growing team!
What’s in it for you?
Opportunity To Unlock Your Creativity
Think of all the times you were held back from trying new ideas because you were boxed in by bureaucratic legacy processes or old school tactics. Having a growth mindset is deeply ingrained into our company culture since day 1 so Fictiv is an environment where you have the creative liberty and support of the team to try big bold ideas to achieve our sales and customer goals.
Opportunity To Grow Your Career
At Fictiv, you'll be surrounded by supportive teammates who will push you to be your best through their curiosity and passion.
Impact In This Role
At Fictiv, we’re building a company that is developing the operating system for sourcing custom mechanical parts. We already enjoy manufacturing and delivering highly complex, high quality parts for our Fortune 500 customers who are building the future with products like autonomous electric vehicles, surgical systems, and industrial robots. Please upload your CV in PDF and Word format. As we scale our business, we are looking to expand our growth within India.
In this role, you’ll be using your in depth engineering background, CNC machining knowledge, and project management skills to own the fulfillment of all our orders in India. You will ensure that there is a match between our customer’s requirements and the capabilities of the manufacturing partner you are assigning a project to. You will be responsible for scheduling assigned work orders and act as a technical project manager to address any in-process questions our manufacturing partners may raise, provide production status visibility to our customers, and mitigate major project risks that pose a threat to meeting our customers specifications.
As an experienced member of the team, you will be taking our currently developed processes and driving their use in a new region with new manufacturing partners. Additionally, you will actively identify areas for improvement in your workflow and in the systems used by the Technical project management team, and will drive those improvements through cross functional projects.
You will report to the Manager of Technical Project Management.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Take ownership of scheduling and overseeing the distribution of your assigned manufacturing work orders to members of our manufacturing partner network.
- Manage orders with top-down oversight throughout entire execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget, and timeline.
- Mitigate risks and coordinate with various stakeholders (internally and externally) in order to ensure the on-time delivery of an order to the customer’s design specifications.
- Communicate proactively with other internal teams in an effort to identify problems, create solutions, and take ownership over the implementation of efficiency improvements.
- Monitor project progress continuously and report on measurable items, sometimes to operations leadership.
- Answer open technical questions that our manufacturers may have around how best to manufacture the parts that we have assigned to them.
- Review proposed ECOs/modifications to projects to evaluate and communicate impacts.
- Identifying and driving tactical and strategic improvements to the Technical Project Management workflow.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mechanical/manufacturing is a plus.
- Minimum 4+ years experience in manufacturing.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- You are eager to put your manufacturing knowledge to work and further develop your project management skills, CNC machining experience is a plus.
- You are excellent with problem-solving skills.
- You are data driven and results-oriented.
- You are meticulous, detail-oriented, and have an inclination for documentation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter, manages time efficiently, able to complete work in a timely manner without active supervision.
- Adaptable and gritty - you can work with ambiguous or under-defined processes and while still being able to output work that meets the ultimate goals of the project.
- You’re able to see the benefit to systems that can be both repeatable and adaptable, and you’re able to improve the reliability of these systems while maintaining their flexibility.
Interested in learning more? We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Our Digital Manufacturing Ecosystem is transforming how the next rockets, self-driving cars, and life-saving robots are designed, developed and delivered to customers around the world.
This transformation is made possible through our technology-backed platform, our global network of manufacturing partners, and our people with deep expertise in hardware and software development.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.