Logistics Coordinator- NA
Fictiv Exists to Enable Hardware Innovators to Build Better Products, Faster
Fictiv, coined the “AWS of manufacturing,” is a leading technology company transforming the $350 billion manufacturing industry. Our cutting-edge cloud platform uses AI and machine learning algorithms to help companies build hardware at the speed of software. Come join our growing team!
What’s in it for you?
Opportunity To Unlock Your Creativity
Think of all the times you were held back from trying new ideas because you were boxed in by bureaucratic legacy processes or old school tactics. Having a growth mindset is deeply ingrained into our company culture since day 1 so Fictiv is an environment where you have the creative liberty and support of the team to try big bold ideas to achieve our sales and customer goals.
Opportunity To Grow Your Career
There are plenty of jobs out there. The question is whether any of them will help you grow in your career? Will you be challenged by teammates to achieve your potential? Or are they roles that will ask you to do more of what you've already mastered. At Fictiv, you'll be surrounded by supportive teammates who will push you to be your best through their curiosity and passion.
Impact In This Role
What are the key milestones of this role and what is the added value of this role to the organization? Instead of listing out a set of desired experience, this is an opportunity to further describe the role and the functions of the role. Research shows that women are unlikely to apply for a position unless they meet 100 percent of the requirements, while men will apply if they meet 60 percent of the requirements.
Please upload your CV in PDF and Word format
You will report to the Logistics Manager.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Coordinating US domestic shipments: Prepare shipping documentation and ensure that our products are sent to our customers on time.
- Coordinating export shipments to the US: As necessary, support the coordination of export of Injection Molded and CNC Machined parts shipments from Mexico to our customers in the United States.
- Order Tracking: Maintain visibility of the status of our highest priority orders and determine risk mitigation strategies so as to maximize the chance of their being on time.
- File claims and troubleshoot issues with carriers for damaged and lost products to ensure resolutions and reimbursements. You will also be responsible for supporting issues of routing, direct ship pickups, and carrier scheduling. When necessary, coordinate pickups, using courier services from our manufacturing partners to our customers.
- Exception Management: Manage the shipping exceptions. As manufacturing exceptions arise, coordinate with the customer success team and our manufacturing partners to determine the shipping method that best meets our customers’ needs to deliver the goods on time.
- Develop and maintain key metrics to keep track of performance to KPIs for US-based logistics.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure seamless and efficient integration of logistics processes with end to end company workflows.
- Continuous Improvement and Training:
- Identifying areas of improvement within North America logistics operations, suggest solutions to management, and, when applicable, own the successful completion of those continuous improvement exercises.
- At Fictiv, everybody learns from other members. Take the time to analyze and understand Fictiv’s current business operations and share your knowledge with other team members.
Desired Background & Traits
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Business, Foreign Trade, Customs or related fields preferred.
- Over 3 years experience with increasing levels of supervision responsibilities of logistics operations.
- Understanding of export practices from Mexico is a plus.
- Understanding of logistics processes, customer service, production planning, materials management, RMA processing, quality affairs.
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning & Transportation Management Systems is a plus.
- Experience in vendor oversight and managing external partnerships and relations.
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment with little supervision.
- You are meticulous and detail-oriented.
- You have excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to work under stress and lead under difficult situations.
Interested in learning more? We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Our Digital Manufacturing Ecosystem is transforming how the next rockets, self-driving cars, and life-saving robots are designed, developed and delivered to customers around the world.
This transformation is made possible through our technology-backed platform, our global network of manufacturing partners, and our people with deep expertise in hardware and software development.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.