General Manager, Mexico
Fictiv Exists to Enable Hardware Innovators to Build Better Products, Faster
Fictiv, coined the “AWS of manufacturing,” is a leading technology company transforming the $350 billion manufacturing industry. Our cutting-edge cloud platform uses AI and machine learning algorithms to help companies build hardware at the speed of software. Come join our growing team!
At Fictiv, we’re building a company that is developing an operating system for sourcing custom mechanical parts. We already enjoy manufacturing and delivering highly complex, high quality parts for our Fortune 500 customers who are building the future with products like autonomous electric vehicles, surgical systems, and industrial robots. As we scale our business, we are looking to expand our growth within Mexico. As such, we are searching for an experienced leader, exceptional in manufacturing knowledge and relationship development to help us drive this necessary growth with a local office.
In your role as General Manager of Mexico, you will leverage your leadership, managerial, and technical expertise to increase our presence in both Monterrey and across other Mexico regions. You will leverage your already prolific relationships in-country to (1) hire and develop a Fictiv team that manages Strategic Sourcing, HR, IT, Manufacturing, Logistics, Quality, Sourcing, and Quoting, (2) establish strategic, high quality manufacturing partners experienced in manufacturing complex custom mechanical components from new product development through production, focusing on Injection Molding and CNC Machining, and (3) ensure full connectivity and reporting with Fictiv’s global operations within India, China and the Americas. You are responsible for ensuring the health and performance of the team and corresponding operations within Mexico in alignment with the needs of the business.
This role will report directly into the Chief Executive Officer of Fictiv.
Areas of Responsibility
- You set the tone and establish the standard. You are responsible for working with functional leaders to ensure Fictiv core values and ethics are upheld.
- You provide the direction, leadership and communication necessary to achieve expected business results and operating plan goals for Mexico.
- You are critical to using and building your network to open and exercise relationships to enable business with Fictiv.
- Financial Management
- Collaborate with functional managers to develop proposed budgets in order for your regional hub to meet company-level objectives.
- Manage regional expenses in alignment with regional and functional budgets.
- Staffing & People Management
- Collaborate with Functional managers, Talent Acquisition, and HR to hire, onboard, develop, performance manage, and, when necessary, exit employees.
- Directly manage all regional cross-functional activities, acting as a point of escalation for a team covering all functions for Fictiv Mexico (Program Management, People Operations, Supply Chain, Quality, Logistics, Finance etc). Act as eyes on the ground for functional department leads, if they are located in other regions.
- Operations Management
- Organize the activities of the hub to balance performance of key business metrics (e.g. employee retention, revenue, on-time and in-full order delivery, variance of actual against booked margin, etc) in alignment with company level goals and priorities.
- Collaborate with functional leadership to ensure that your local hub is “Driving One”. That is, it has standardized its processes, procedures, and work instructions in alignment with those in other regions (while still allowing for localization as is necessary) in order to ensure that we have, by and large, one holistic way of doing things to help enable consistent customer outcomes and in order to pave the way for automation.
- Partner with functional experts and, when necessary, third party firms to ensure legal and regulatory compliance of local operations.
- When necessary, act as the point of escalation and final decision maker for any matters of compliance related to local laws and regulations in consultation with Fictiv Headquarters.
Desired Qualifications and Traits
- B.S. in Engineering or Business or relevant experience. MBA is a plus. Min 15 years of education plus work experience.
- Expert knowledge of Manufacturing from New Product Introduction through Production and entails, at a minimum, manufacturing and quality practices, manufacturing capabilities with high degree of Injection Molding and CNC knowledge, and supplier negotiations.
- Minimum 10 years of people management experience. History of acting as a people-first leader and a motivator.
- Fluent in Spanish & English
- Ability to travel between Monterrey and global Fictiv offices in China, USA, and India.
- Strong network of manufacturing relationships within Mexico across the business community.
- Good understanding of cultural norms within Mexico, China, India and the United States.
- Extremely clear and low-context communication. Great verbal and written communication skills.
- System-level thinker with a penchant for defining processes.
- High level of agility. Can move from operational to tactical and back quickly.
- Data driven, history of data-based decision making.
- Familiar with corporate governance.
- Has an existing employee Tax ID or is able to obtain one before starting employment.
Our Digital Manufacturing Ecosystem is transforming how the next rockets, self-driving cars, and life-saving robots are designed, developed and delivered to customers around the world.
This transformation is made possible through our technology-backed platform, our global network of manufacturing partners, and our people with deep expertise in hardware and software development.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.