Fictiv Exists to Enable Hardware Innovators to Build Better Products, Faster
Fictiv, coined the “AWS of manufacturing,” is a leading technology company transforming the $350 billion manufacturing industry. Our cutting-edge cloud platform uses AI and machine learning algorithms to help companies build hardware at the speed of software. Come join our growing team!
What’s in it for you?
At Fictiv, we’re inspired every day by our customers and teammates.
You’ll have the opportunity to interact with some of the most renowned companies on the planet who make physical products loved by millions. You’ll be working with some of the highest quality and most talented vendors who produce what seems impossible to produce. You’ll be surrounded by a wicked awesome team (think PhDs, Ironmans, artists) who are obsessed with winning the hearts and minds of product engineers and designers who are literally building the future (think autonomous cars)... today.
Opportunity To Grow Your Career
In this role, you’ll be using your engineering background, manufacturing process knowledge and management experience, to develop and implement effective and scalable processes to ensure we’re executing programs within scope, on time, in full, while maintaining customer satisfaction. You will also be working cross functionally to lead the development of robust processes which ensure the successful execution of new service offerings that Fictiv launches to the public.
Impact In This Role
Your role as a Project Engineer for Core manufacturing services will be to support and drive improvement to our critical manufacturing functions as well as tactically execute on our core manufacturing operations. We have two sets of customers—our builders, who order parts through us, and our manufacturing partners, who manufacture and assemble these parts—and you’ll take the inputs from our builders and work with our manufacturing partners to deliver on our builders’ expectations. At Fictiv, we believe in creating the world’s premier platform for hardware manufacturing, and you’ll be playing a critical role in making that happen.
You will be responsible for scheduling work orders and act as a project engineer to address any in-process questions our manufacturers may raise, provide production status visibility to our builders, and mitigate major project risks that pose a threat to meeting our builders’ specifications.
You will report to the head of program management in Feidi.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Act as program driving facilitator, lead the cross-functional team and our manufacturing partner for the success of projects. Ensure the programs deliver on-time, on-quality and within budget. And totally own the overall project responsibility.
- Develop project plans that merge customer requirements with Fictiv goals, drive and control program progress and program resource availability until fulfilled, lead the team and our manufacturing partner to make the recovery plan and drive the program back on track once the program is at risk or off track.
- Bridge global cooperation with multifunctional teams( Fictiv team and manufacturing partner) for assigned projects, strong and flexible communication skills are desired.
- Lead the Fictiv team and manufacturing partners on program risk evaluation, risk mitigation and coordinate with various stakeholders (internally and externally) in order to ensure the on-time delivery of an order to the builders’ design specifications.
- Ensure post-sale change requests from all stakeholders are evaluated, and appropriately implemented while mitigating any associated risks.
- Coordinate and drive the technical solutions for problems in our manufacturing partner with the support from SQE, thus strong problem solving skill is desired
- Monitor program progress continuously and report on measurable items.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of our platform/procedure/process, Identifying areas of improvement and driving those improvements to the responsibilities.
- College degree or above in Mechanical Engineering, metalworking manufacturing or Tooling Design & Manufacture or related engineering field. PMP Certification is a plus.
- 5+ years working experience in CNC machining, plastic tooling industry or in OEM, CM for hardware manufacturing, Project management experience is a plus.
- Possesses a good sense of urgency, demonstrated ability of owning and managing delivery schedules across tight deadlines.
- Basic understanding of CNC machining, including Machine types, processes, materials and finishings
- Basic understanding of 2D/3D drawings, understand basic GD&T symbols
- Good understanding in quality management, sourcing, logistics management
- You are team-oriented individuals, results-oriented, detail-oriented, data- driven, agile and have a good sense of urgency, Prioritizes multiple projects and tasks effectively
- Self-starter, manages time efficiently, able to complete work in a timely manner without active supervision.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, experience working in multicultural environments.
Perks and Benefits
- Housing fund, and social insurance, commercial insurance for employee and your child
- Annual leavepaid sick leave
- Team celebrations
- Annual training opportunities including English learning, technical skills certifications,
- Yearly health check-up
- And much, much more!
Interested in learning more? We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Our Digital Manufacturing Ecosystem is transforming how the next rockets, self-driving cars, and life-saving robots are designed, developed and delivered to customers around the world.
This transformation is made possible through our technology-backed platform, our global network of manufacturing partners, and our people with deep expertise in hardware and software development.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.