Manager, Hardware Planning
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2023
Carbon3D is commercializing a fundamental advance in the chemistry of 3D printing that enables massive increases in print speed and improved material properties. We believe our technology will enable mass production of 3D printed parts. Our product is the intersection of hardware, software, and materials. We are a team of passionate entrepreneurs, engineers, programmers, and materials scientists who value creativity and the ability to get things done. We seek to enable creators and transform manufacturing across the globe. We are seeking a Hardware Planning Manager to support these activities.
This role will report to the Director of Planning, Inventory Control & Logistics.
- Lead and develop/train a team of hardware planners/analysts to create and execute efficient material resource plans (MRP).
- Manage the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) program and content for hardware.
- Report on service metrics (OTIF), production scheduling, inventory, clear to build (CTB), and other Planning related information and metrics.
- Coordinate and publish production plans to ensure materials are provided according to schedules; assist in the prioritization of production plans relative to the needs of the business.
- Develop/maintain/change inventory strategies across the global 3PL network to best support sales and service efforts.
- Work directly with Carbon’s contract manufacturer(s) to ensure timely production of outsourced hardware items; assist in the resolution of any challenges; monitor parts inventories and review regularly for potential excess and obsolescence (E&O).
- Work with Engineering and Supply Chain to resolve material shortages, backlogs, and other potential material related challenges; work with commercial teams to identify and resolve hardware related issues impacting or potentially impacting the customer experience, and manage communication cross functionally to ensure efforts are coordinated, from the timing of parts for production to customer expectations.
- Determine material requirements from engineering and new product introduction (NPI) projects, and incorporate those requirements into production schedules to determine total material requirements. Coordinate the efficient movement of materials between purchasing, production and engineering.
- Use enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems to implement planned production schedules. Review schedules to determine materials requirements to ensure availability (CTB).
- Assist in developing the company's production control functions including master scheduling, production planning/coordination, material requirements, planning systems, and work-in-process tracking.
- Identify, lead, and implement process improvement initiatives, including cross functional process flows and communication, ERP/automation, and the development of business intelligence (BI).
- Regularly review inventories for potential excess and obsolescence (E&O) and work with Finance and Inventory Control (and other potential stakeholders) to disposition appropriately.
- 3-5+ year’s experience in Material Planning activities in a manufacturing environment and managing a team.
- BA, BS, or Associate’s degree desired.
- APICS CPIM certification valued.
- Must be a self-starter capable of managing own activities as well as directing team efforts.
- Must be flexible and capable of managing multiple projects with adherence to a high level of quality, attention to detail, and accuracy.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Experience with ERP and MRP systems.
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Carbon, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
By clicking the “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” button and submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the complete Privacy Notice for Employees, Independent Contractors and Job Applicants, which explains the categories of personal information we collect about you, the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used and your rights with respect to our use of such personal Information.