Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, August 11, 2023
Working at the intersection of hardware, software, and molecular science, we are committed to delivering on the promise of 3D printing, enabling commercial customers to go beyond basic prototyping to 3D manufacturing. Our company is built on the idea that diverse fields of study must come together to solve intractable problems. Carbon has grand ambitions to create technology that will influence industry around the world. You will be joining a diverse team with a vibrant culture, where team success is as important as celebrating individual contributions. Help us change the world, and we will help you change yours.
We are looking for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to help our customers scale their
businesses in emerging markets such as dental aligners.
● Develop new pre- and post-processing technologies to expand on Carbon’s existing
● Drive solutions to help our customers grow their businesses efficiently and economically,
leveraging economies of scale and driving new technology adoption.
● Work cross functionally with Materials, Software, Engineering, and Customer Success
teams to deliver value added production solutions to customers
● Engage with 3rd party machine builders and lead co-development efforts against
● Assess risks, weighing technical and commercial tradeoffs, and provide
recommendations to leadership
● Work with customers to deliver customized DLS production capabilities
● Own new and existing processes and workflows
● Lead technical escalations and be the point of contact for customer problems.
● BS/MS in Mechanical, Electrical, or equivalent Engineering
● 5-7 years combined work experience in R&D and Manufacturing roles
● Ability to travel up to 15% a year
Skills and Knowledge:
● Excellent analytical and math skills
● Excellent oral and verbal communication skills
● Experience with CAD software such as Meshmixer, Netfabb, Onshape, or Rhino
● Strong attention to detail
● Ability to work against compressed timelines.
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Carbon, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
By clicking the “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” button and submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the complete Privacy Notice for Employees, Independent Contractors and Job Applicants, which explains the categories of personal information we collect about you, the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used and your rights with respect to our use of such personal Information.