Field Service Engineer
Posted on Saturday, July 22, 2023
Working at the intersection of hardware, software, and molecular science, we at Carbon are committed to enabling digital manufacturing. Our company is built on the idea that diverse fields of study must come together to solve intractable problems. We have grand ambitions to create technology that will influence industry around the world. You will be joining a diverse team with a vibrant culture, where team success is as important as celebrating individual contributions. Help us change the world and we will help you change yours.
The Service Team to whom this position reports works to ensure that customers love and can count on us and our products. We are held accountable to ensure customers are successful, and their experience with Carbon is positive. As an integral part of this team the Factory Field Service Engineer is responsible for meeting the daily service, Installation, maintenance and repair needs of Carbon’s Digital Light Synthesis™ printers and ancillary equipment, ensuring equipment uptime is maximised.
Factory Field Service Engineers are expected to follow support processes and procedures, document thoroughly, escalate appropriately, and respond quickly to support customers across a broad spectrum of industries across Europe. Carbon is a dynamic work environment, and Field Service Engineers will need to be flexible and adapt to a dynamic business with ever changing needs and priorities.
This role will be based in the Czech Republic and will have primary responsibility for supporting Carbon Equipment in a customer’s facility. On startup the successful applicant, after training and mentoring, will be supporting Carbon Equipment across Europe, and hence at start will require significant travel and working away from home. However, as the Carbon equipment on this site grows the amount of travel will reduce and focus will become more and more on the Czech Republic. Candidates must speak English and Czech fluently, be eligible and willing to work across Europe, hold a European passport and full driving licence.
- Installation, maintenance, modification and repair of carbon and 3rd party ancillary equipment.
- Timely performance of administrative responsibilities such as service reporting, data recording and expenses.
- Maintaining tools and test equipment and ensuring calibration is up to date.
- Working within appropriate Environmental Health and Safety requirements.
- Provide technical support to other members of the Customer Success Team to minimize equipment downtime.
- Performing remote diagnostics and determining field failures utilising data logged by our products.
- Developing and documenting processes to aid service actions to add to the service knowledge base.
- Work with engineering and manufacturing teams to ensure new issues are escalated, fully documented, investigated and suitable countermeasures are put in place.
- Recognise trends and patterns in field failures and feedback to the development team to drive future design.
- Available for occasional out of hours work.
- The position may require additional duties/responsibilities that may not be outlined above, and specific functions are subject to change as required.
- Electromechanical engineer with a good working knowledge of electronics, mechanical systems, pneumatics, computers and networking.
- Must be great at communicating with customers, both verbally and in written reports.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve complex issues.
- Must be a great organizer, keeping documentation and database information up to date.
- Whilst being self-reliant this role requires that the person also works well in a team, all focussed on helping customers be successful.
- 5-10 years in technical service role.
- Passport holder, with the ability to travel across Europe.
- Must have a full driving licence valid for driving across Europe.
- Flexibility to travel Initially up to 90% of the time, which will reduce over time ultimately to around 5-10% travel.
- Must be fluent in English and be able to communicate effectively in Czech.
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Carbon, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
By clicking the “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” button and submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the complete Privacy Notice for Employees, Independent Contractors and Job Applicants, which explains the categories of personal information we collect about you, the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used and your rights with respect to our use of such personal Information.