Senior Manager, Technical Accounting & Revenue
IT, Accounting & Finance
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, July 6, 2023
At Carbon, our mission goes beyond 3D printing. We are enabling creators everywhere to make what the world needs, right now. Our company is built on the idea that diverse fields of study must come together to solve intractable problems. We have grand ambitions to create technology that will influence industry around the world. You will be joining a diverse team with a vibrant culture, where team success is as important as celebrating individual contributions.
This role is based in Redwood City, CA and will report to the Corporate Controller.
- Own Carbon’s quote to cash and commission accounting process, including review of complex strategic contracts to evaluate accounting implications, identification of process improvements that can scale as we grow, documentation of policies and internal controls, and completion of timely monthly close (including review of journal entries and reconciliations)
- Oversee the billings and collections process including evaluation of the credit worthiness of customers (pulling credit reports and reviewing customer financial statements)
- Collaborate and develop strong working relationships with cross-functional partners including but not limited to sales, sales operations, legal, IT, and financial planning and analysis teams
- Provide inputs/insights for revenue and commission forecasting
- Evaluate the accounting consequences of new revenue streams, deals, and business initiatives and provide input and suggestions to planned and proposed agreements and ventures
- Manage revenue team of two, train, and develop team members and provide periodic feedback regarding performance
- Act as the subject matter on technical accounting matters, providing guidance on significant transactions, policies, and processes to ensure accounting compliance
- Work closely with the company’s external auditors on revenue, commissions, and technical accounting matters
- Research and implement new accounting standards and prepare/review technical accounting memos as required
- Assist with preparation and filing of annual financial statements and 701 reporting and update of financials for new disclosures
- Highly motivated, detail oriented and team oriented
- An excellent critical thinker and multi-tasker
- Exceptional at writing, communication, interpersonal & presentation skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Able to meet strict deadlines
- Clearly able to identify and initiate process improvements
- Works well independently and also within a team environment
- Possesses uncompromising business ethics
- Adjusts quickly to changing priorities
- Assertive presentation of goals, strategies, vision, and tactics
Education and experience...
- BS in accounting or equivalent is required
- Certified public accountant with an “active” status preferred
- In depth ASC606 and ASC 842 knowledge and other accounting topics
- Experience in enabling and managing teams
- Experience in designing or improving processes
- Ability to build positive relationships cross functionally
- 8+ years work experience in accounting/finance, including 4+ years of public accounting experience (big 4 preferred)
- 4+ years of experience managing teams
- Skilled in US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations
- Recent experience in evaluating accounting pronouncements and position papers
- Experience with Oracle Fusion and Salesforce preferred, but not required
- Available to work in person two days a week
At Carbon, we look at the person holistically and carefully consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation. The pay range for this position is $168,000 - $252,000. Your actual salary will be based on your experience, work location, certifications and the unique skills you bring to the role.
Carbon also offers to our eligible employees a comprehensive total rewards package that includes equity, benefits, and time off programs.
For more information on how we modify your pay based on your location, please refer to our geographic differentials chart. For details on our total rewards package, visit https://www.carbon3d.com/about/life-at-carbon.
By clicking the “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” button and submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the complete Privacy Notice for Employees, Independent Contractors and Job Applicants, which explains the categories of personal information we collect about you, the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used and your rights with respect to our use of such personal Information.