Senior Product Support Specialist (Eastern Region US)
Product, Customer Service
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2023
Working at the intersection of hardware, software and molecular science, we are committed to delivering on the promise of 3D printing, enabling commercial customers to go beyond basic
prototyping to 3D manufacturing. Our company is built on the idea that diverse fields of study must come together to solve intractable problems. We have grand ambitions to create technology that will influence industry around the world. You will be joining a diverse team with a vibrant culture, where team success is as important as celebrating individual contributions. Help us change the world and we will help you change yours.
The Product Support team works to ensure that customers love us and love our products. We are held accountable to ensure customers are successful and their experience with Carbon is positive. Product Support Specialists will be advocates for the customer, following up and managing all matters related to customer needs, as well as ensuring successful adoption and utilization of Carbon products. Product Support Specialists will be expected to listen carefully,
learn quickly, respond promptly and anticipate customer needs across a broad spectrum of industries. Product Support Specialists will also need to delight and support Carbon customers while efficiently balancing all of the customers’ needs. Carbon is a dynamic work environment and Product Support Specialists will need to be flexible and adapt to a dynamic business with
ever changing needs and priorities.
This role can be remote or hybrid. Please note you will be supporting customers in the Eastern Time Zone of the US. Work hours are approximately 9am to 5pm EST. We are looking for an individual who is a quick learner, passionate about helping customers adopt new technology and focused on helping our customers be successful with Digital Light Synthesis (DLS).
- Operate as the lead point of contact for any service matters specific to your accounts, including training end users and addressing technical issues.
- Take ownership of customer issues, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root cause and issue resolution or escalation
- Assist with high severity requests or issue escalations as needed
- Meet or exceed customer expectations on response quality, timeliness of responses and overall customer experience
- Liaise between customers and cross-functional internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions
- Communicate clearly the progress of initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent listening and presentation skills, including the ability to present technical information to key stakeholders and decision makers
- Lead customer install trainings either on-site (anticipate up to 40% travel) or remote
- Excellent customer-facing/interpersonal skills; profoundly customer-focused
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience in delivering customer-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including working with customers in-person, over the phone, and through email
- Experience with ticketing systems such as Salesforce and Jira
- Strong computer and software skills
- Tech savvy individual with ability to quickly and effectively learn new technology as well as complex hardware, software, and materials concepts
- Works well in a team to help customers be successful
- 3-5 years of experience in a technical service or customer success role
- Ability to be flexible with a dynamic, growing company
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Technical background or experience in engineering or chemistry
- Experience with DLP, SLA or FDM 3D printing technologies
- Experience working in a small company
- Experience in new product releases and stay on the forefront of emerging industry practices
- Language skills preferred - Spanish or German in addition to fluent English
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Carbon, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills. Carbon is an equal opportunity employer.
By clicking the “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” button and submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the complete Privacy Notice for Employees, Independent Contractors and Job Applicants, which explains the categories of personal information we collect about you, the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used and your rights with respect to our use of such personal Information.