Staff Product Support Engineer
Product, Customer Service
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
Working at the intersection of hardware, software, and molecular science, Carbon3D is commercializing a fundamental advance in the chemistry of 3D printing that enables massive increases in print speed and improved material properties. We believe our technology will enable commercial customers to go beyond basic prototyping to mass production of 3D printed parts.
Carbon is looking for a Senior Product Support Engineer to join our talented team in Redwood City, CA. The ideal candidate shall work cross-functionally, facilitate joint technical initiatives, and inform the development of process and software systems to support Carbon's technical support offerings.
We would prefer a candidate local to our Redwood City, CA headquarters, but are open to remote if you're willing and able to travel for training.
- Manage inbound escalations from the product support specialist team at Carbon
- Consult with internal cross-functional teams to drive escalations to closure
- Document root causes in tracking systems and adds to the knowledge base for purposes of internal reviews and training
- Maintain troubleshooting and printing defect tree documentation and providing relevant updates in light of SW/HW/Materials changes
- Author and distribute documentation to educate internal resources on areas such as software releases, troubleshooting matrixes, and new product releases.
- Inform the development of processes and software systems to help efficiently scale Carbon’s Support and Service business
- Distill and communicate customer technical needs to inform the technical roadmap
- Facilitate the development of joint technical initiatives from customers and Carbon including early access, prototypes, and joint development programs
- Partner with Account Managers/Program Managers to provide technical solutions to customers
- Ability to work and communicate in a fast-paced international environment
- Experience with SW development is a plus
- Experience with factory production is a plus
- Experience operating and servicing additive printers a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to customer sites up to 20%
- 8 years experience in technical support or service role, manufacturing engineering, or product support role
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Carbon, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and
By clicking the “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” button and submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the complete Privacy Notice for Employees, Independent Contractors and Job Applicants, which explains the categories of personal information we collect about you, the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used and your rights with respect to our use of such personal Information.
See more open positions at Carbon
Something looks off?