Area Director, Customer Expansion, Oral Health
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2023
Carbon® is a 3D printing technology company helping businesses to develop better products and bring them to market in less time. We have customers in 17 countries and are continuing to expand globally. Carbon is venture-backed and headquartered in Redwood City, CA USA.
The primary role of a Carbon Sales Director is to expand the Carbon platform in dental laboratory and manufacturing businesses across a defined territory. Carbon has an all-inclusive subscription business model because we believe in tying our success to each customer. A successful selling effort requires in-depth knowledge of traditional and additive manufacturing methods within dental laboratories, the ability to build a strong business case for production transformation, and tenacity to navigate an engaging capital equipment sales process.
Note: This is an outside sales, individual contributor, quota carrying role with about 50% travel.
- Establish technical competency in Carbon additive manufacturing and digital dental workflows.
- Act as a resource by staying up-to-date on current industry trends and advancements.
- Achieve monthly sales goals by selling new Carbon subscriptions.
- Execute territory business plan. Identify new opportunities. Build an active sales funnel of qualified opportunities in Salesforce.com.
- Use consultative selling approach to understand customer challenges and business objectives. Identify compelling reasons for change, business initiatives, decision criteria, quantifiable value and buyer roles in the decision process.
- Use financial templates to build business cases that demonstrate the economic impact of changing method of manufacturing.
- Stimulate market awareness. Build Carbon advocates (clinicians, technicians, and senior leadership) at each account.
- Support selling efforts by attending industry events and trade shows.
- Minimum 5 year’s sales experience and consistent record of annual over-quota sales results in dental technology or capital equipment.
- Ability to work from a home office in defined territory and travel at least 50% of the time.
- Energized by an evangelist sales process advocating for change to a new technology.
- Ability to learn and comprehend technical information to effectively educate customers.
- Professional, patient and a good listener when interacting with customers and teammates.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal / written communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable with a dynamic, growing company Strong organizational and detail skills.
- Problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Proficiency in computer applications including Salesforce.com, Google Docs, Sheets and Slides, as well as Microsoft Office Applications including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Team player, positive attitude, growth mindset, integrity, accountability, adaptability, entrepreneurial, driven, results-oriented and ethical.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience selling business solutions to dental laboratories, including familiarity of traditional dental laboratory manufacturing methods and digital workflow, including CAD/CAM.
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Carbon, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
By clicking the “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” button and submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the complete Privacy Notice for Employees, Independent Contractors and Job Applicants, which explains the categories of personal information we collect about you, the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used and your rights with respect to our use of such personal Information.
See more open positions at Carbon
Something looks off?