Senior Data Governance Engineer
Who We Are
Arcadia is the technology company empowering energy innovators and consumers to fight the climate crisis. Our software and APIs are revolutionizing an industry held back by outdated systems and institutions by creating unprecedented access to the data and clean energy needed to make a decarbonized energy grid possible.
In 2014, Arcadia set out on its mission to break the fossil fuel monopoly and since then we have been knocking down the institutional barriers to unlock decarbonization. To date, we have connected hundreds of thousands of consumers and small businesses with high-quality clean energy options. Fast forward to today, and now, we’re thinking even bigger. We have launched Arc, an industry-defining SaaS platform that empowers developers and energy innovators to deliver their own custom, personalized energy experiences, accelerating the transformation of the industry from an analog energy system into a digitized information network.
Tackling one of the world’s biggest challenges requires out-of-the-box thinking & diverse perspectives. We’re building a team of individuals from different backgrounds, industries, & educational experiences. If you share our passion for ushering in the era of the clean electron, we look forward to learning what you would uniquely bring to Arcadia! Visit www.arcadia.com.
HQ: Washington, DC
$1.5B valuation; $380M funding to date
What we’re looking for:
As a Senior Data Governance Engineer, you will play a key role in maintaining the enterprise-wide data governance framework, with a focus on improvement of data quality and the protection of sensitive data through modifications to organization behavior policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools and data architecture. You will collaborate closely with the rest of our standalone Data team (comprising analysts, analytics engineers, and data engineering experts), and with engineering and operations teams across Arcadia,, to ensure the smooth flow and availability of high-quality data for analysis and reporting purposes. Your expertise will be essential in optimizing data workflows, ensuring data integrity, and scaling our data infrastructure to support our company's growth.
This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who relishes the chance to engage with cutting-edge technology, influence the development of a world-class data ecosystem and work in a fast-paced environment on a high-morale, tightly knit team.
Our core data stack makes heavy use of Snowflake and dbt, orchestrated in Prefect in our broader AWS-based ecosystem. Most of our wide range of data sources are loaded with Fivetran, but we use custom Python when it’s the right tool for the job.
What you’ll do:
- Serves as the primary point of contact for data quality, data security, data privacy, standardization, data dictionary, meta data management, and business glossary needs. In this capacity you will gain exposure to a wide set of the organization: other Data Engineering teams, business stakeholders and operations teams.
- Defines data quality standards, business rules and exception feedback loops to ensure data is compliant with defined quality requirements.
- You will be the primary owner of our Enterprise Data Catalog, and own the continuous improvement of coverage, compliance and usage of the tool.
- Monitors data quality trends for key data assets, and devises plans to improve data quality.
- Creates detailed documentation of functional, system, user and reporting requirements, including Use Cases, Logical Models, Process Flow Diagrams, Report Specifications and Data Mapping & Flow Diagrams.
- Keep up to date with emerging technologies and trends in data governance and recommend their adoption as appropriate.
What will help you succeed
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience with at least two of the following: data quality, meta data management, master data management, data modeling, process design and Data Governance
- High proficiency in SQL and knowledge of features such as window functions, CTEs and complex joins.
- Familiar with data classification techniques and frameworks.
- Strong understanding of database management and design, including experience with Snowflake or an equivalent platform.
- Familiarity with data integration patterns, ETL/ELT processes, and data warehousing concepts.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to bring a customer-oriented and empathetic approach to understanding how data is used to drive the business.
- Strong communication skills.
- Undergraduate and/or graduate degree in math, statistics, engineering, computer science, or related technical field
- Experience with our stack–AWS, Snowflake, Fivetran, Prefect, dbt, and Github Actions, along with some ancillary tools
- Experience with developing or applying taxonomies, ontologies or process flow diagrams
- Some proficiency with Python, especially in the context of data orchestration.
- Experience in the energy sector
- Competitive compensation based on market standards
- We are working on a hybrid model
- Apart from Fixed Base Salary , the candidates are eligible for following benefits
- Flexible Leave Policy
- Office Located in the heart of the City in case you need to step in for any purpose
- Medical Insurance (1+5 Family Members)
- Quarterly team engagement activities and rewards & recognitions
- L&D programs to foster professional growth
Eliminating carbon footprints, eliminating carbon copies.
Here at Arcadia, we cultivate diversity, celebrate individuality, and believe unique perspectives are key to our collective success in creating a clean energy future. Arcadia is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. While we are currently unable to consider candidates who will require visa sponsorship, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates eligible to work in Chennai, India.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.