Principal Data Scientist
San Jose, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Who is AiDash?
AiDash is making critical infrastructure industries climate-resilient and sustainable with satellites and AI. Using our full-stack SaaS solutions, customers in electric, gas, and water utilities, transportation, and construction are transforming asset inspection and maintenance - and complying with biodiversity net gain mandates and carbon capture goals. Our customers deliver ROI in their first year of deployment with reduced costs, improved reliability, and achieved sustainability goals. Learn more at www.aidash.com.
What will you do?
- Design and develop advanced AI/ML, computer vision and geospatial models for complex environmental challenges using diverse data i.e., Satellite, Lidar, and refine methodologies for accurate and efficient processing of 2D/3D data.
- Design, develop and modify the scalable AI/ML, computer vision pipelines, optimise computational processes, and design autonomous decision-making systems.
- Implement continuous model monitoring and feedback integration, drive innovation through research and patent creation, and foster collaborative partnerships to advance in machine learning.
- Lead and mentor a team of data scientists and analysts in designing and implementing advanced data models and algorithms.
- Communicate complex data findings in a clear and effective manner to stakeholders at all levels.
What are we looking for?
- Master's or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field.
- At least 12 years of relevant experience in data science.
- Experience in designing/architecting and implementing scalable feature extractors on large image datasets.
- Experience in delivering scalable AI/ML, statistical solutions on large image datasets.
- Expertise in data analytics methodologies and tools i.e. Python, SQL and data visualisations.
- Experience in cloud-based platforms i.e., Azure, AWS, GCP and big data technologies i.e., Hadoop, Spark is highly desirable.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and a strong sense of ownership.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
What other experience will make you a great candidate:
- Experience in storing, processing large scale geospatial data on scale and corresponding tech stacks.
- Experience in designing/architecting and implementing scalable solutions on geospatial datasets i.e., Satellite / Lidar.