SDE 3 - Cybersecurity
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2024
Who is AiDash?
AiDash is making critical infrastructure industries climate-resilient and sustainable with satellites and AI. Using our full-stack SaaS solutions, customers in electric, gas, and water utilities, transportation, and construction are transforming asset inspection and maintenance - and complying with biodiversity net gain mandates and carbon capture goals. Our customers deliver ROI in their first year of deployment with reduced costs, improved reliability, and achieved sustainability goals. Learn more at www.aidash.com.
What is the role?
As a Software Development Engineer - Level 3 in the Cybersecurity department at AiDash, you will play a critical role in developing and enhancing our cybersecurity solutions. This position requires a strong foundation in software development, combined with a good understanding of cybersecurity principles. You will be involved in creating secure code, integrating security measures into software solutions, and collaborating with the cybersecurity team to mitigate digital threats.
What will you do?
- Advanced Secure Software Development: Lead the design and development of secure software solutions, embedding security practices throughout the software development lifecycle. Implement complex security features and mechanisms, such as encryption, secure communication protocols, and advanced authentication methods.
- Security Analysis and Vulnerability Management: Conduct thorough security reviews and risk assessments of software architectures and codebases. Address and remediate security vulnerabilities, prioritizing based on risk, including those related to OWASP Top 10, injection attacks, and data breaches.
- Collaboration on Cybersecurity Initiatives: Work closely with the cybersecurity team to develop strategies for defending against advanced cyber threats. Participate in the development of company-wide cybersecurity policies and procedures, ensuring that software development practices align with these standards.
- Incident Response and Threat Mitigation: Provide expert technical support in incident response activities, particularly in analyzing and resolving security incidents related to software systems. Rapidly develop patches or updates to address security vulnerabilities or breaches.
- Leadership and Mentoring: Act as a technical leader within the software development team, advocating for secure coding practices and raising security awareness. Mentor junior developers, fostering a culture of security-minded development and continuous learning.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in software development, with a demonstrated focus on developing secure applications.
- Expertise in programming languages such as Java, C++, Python, or similar, and a strong grasp of secure coding practices.
- Proven experience in implementing security within the software development process, with knowledge of cybersecurity frameworks and standards.
- Familiarity with cybersecurity tools and practices for code scanning, vulnerability assessment, and threat modeling.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic environment.
- Passion for cybersecurity and a commitment to staying abreast of the latest developments in the field.