SDE 3 - Backend (Java)
Gurugram, Haryana, India
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2024
Who is AiDash?
AiDash is making critical infrastructure industries climate-resilient and sustainable with satellites and AI. Using our full-stack SaaS solutions, customers in electric, gas, and water utilities, transportation, and construction are transforming asset inspection and maintenance - and complying with biodiversity net gain mandates and carbon capture goals. Our customers deliver ROI in their first year of deployment with reduced costs, improved reliability, and achieved sustainability goals. Learn more at www.aidash.com.
Our Work Code
Take ownership- All of us are on this ship together. When you see a problem to fix or an area to improve, do it! We are here to build the ship, not just paint it.
Move quickly and make mistakes- We're not afraid to take risks. Be bold, be Creative & be experimental and try things; it's better to validate an idea quickly than to fall behind chasing perfection.
Have a point of view and embrace the debate- We value diversity of opinion and don't stand on hierarchy. Speak up, and you'll be heard.
Be helpful and empathetic- We believe that empathy is the foundation of building a great Culture, great team, product, and service. We look at things from our users' perspectives, and we always treat our users and each other with trust and mutual respect.
What will you do?
- Designing, developing, and maintaining high quality backend component
- Building scalable, modular, composable and observable microservices.
- Writing clean, maintainable code following object-oriented/functional design patterns
- Mentoring and guiding junior members of the team.
- Ensuring correctness by writing unit, integration and acceptance tests as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines
- Playing key role in design and implementation of new products and features
- Translating requirements and mock-ups into fully functional features by working closely with product managers and creative designers
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years of experience designing and building scalable reusable products/components.
- Demonstrated skills and understanding of microservices and systems design.
- Sound with data structures and algorithms.
- Sound understanding of Java and Spring Boot/ Python. Unit test cases, code quality & coverage.
- An extremely good working knowledge of relational database systems (PostgreSQL/MySQL) or NoSQL databases such as MongoDB.
- Experience in designing, developing and maintaining Restful APIs .
- Operational experience with Docker, Kubernetes and AWS.
- 5+ years solid experience designing and developing scalable backend services and modules.
- Knowledge of performance optimization techniques, including load testing, profiling, and the ability to identify and resolve bottlenecks in backend systems. SDE3s should be able to fine-tune system performance and resource utilization.
- Understanding of backend security principles, encryption, authentication, and authorization. They should be knowledgeable about common security vulnerabilities and compliance requirements, ensuring the systems they develop are secure and compliant with relevant regulations.
- Understanding of distributed system architecture and design, including topics like load balancing, distributed databases, and microservices. SDE3s should be capable of designing and implementing complex, fault-tolerant, and highly available distributed systems.
What will make you a great candidate?
- Strong experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS.
- Experience with geospatial concepts and visualisation concepts and libraries like GeoServer, PostGIS Database, Shapefiles, Projections, Rasters, And GraphQL
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Redis, Memcached
- Experience with Bamboo, Cucumber, SonarQube