Team Manager-GIS Ecology
Gurugram, Haryana, India
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
Who is AiDash?
AiDash is making critical infrastructure industries climate-resilient and sustainable with satellites and AI. Using our full-stack SaaS solutions, customers in electric, gas, and water utilities, transportation, and construction are transforming asset inspection and maintenance - and complying with biodiversity net gain mandates and carbon capture goals. Our customers deliver ROI in their first year of deployment with reduced costs, improved reliability, and achieved sustainability goals. Learn more at www.aidash.com.
What are we building?
We are revolutionizing operations, maintenance and sustainability for core industrial and service sectors. This is what keeps us awake at night. We believe in AI with a purpose; AI with humans at its core, action-oriented Intelligence, solves complex problems, and outperforms the expectations of our customers.
To learn more about how AiDash is helping core industries become more resilient, efficient, and sustainable, visit www.aidash.com.
What is it all about?
The goal of our team is to build products that make environmental assessment, monitoring, planning and reporting simple and user friendly, holistic and to be consistently applied across their business, and economic while not compromising quality. We want our users to accelerate sustainable enhancements by using our products. We launched the Intelligent Sustainable Management System (ISMS) at COP26 in Glasgow that automates habitat assessment, calculates biodiversity to UK Government standards and provides a web-app for our client to plan, track and report on land enhancements across their estate. This is the beginning of a journey for our product that aims to expand to Carbon verification, natural capital quantification and detection services across land, air and water globally. You will be working within a team to expand the solution capabilities
What will you do?
- As a Team Manager you will be responsible for leading India based Ecology[SM1] [DK2] Lab Team, managing its day-day to operations, including organizing, planning, resourcing, and delivering projects in a timely and efficient manner.
- Other Job Activities/Functions
- Overall mentoring and management of in-house ecology team.
- Providing interface between Customer success manager and ecologists.
- Cross-functional team co-ordination. Work with the Engineering and Ecology team to architect the solution based on business requirements.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to guide operations.
- Ensure all projects are delivered with quality and aligned with our standards of service
- Help develop and evangelize our sustainability solution (a true believer in our purpose).
- The role will be integral to further developing the ISMS solution, supporting customer onboarding and maintaining an excellent service experience.
- Support product development activities.
- Provide expertise to enable the development of additional product applications.
- Work cross-functionally with data scientists and data engineers to integrate geospatial models and new applications into the production pipeline
- Evaluate and setup efficient process and workflows. Implement best practices, which ensure seamless project delivery.
- Hiring and training of GIS ecology teams
- Overall team and function performance tracking, reporting and optimisation
What are we looking for?
- 10+ years of proven experience in building, handling, and scaling a team preferably in geospatial/Ecology/Environmental/Sustainability space.
- Demonstrable experience working with GIS and remote sensing i.e. aerial imagery, Satellite imagery drone imagery etc.
- Degree level with industry experience in ecology, environmental science, sustainability or related field with a focus on ecology, habitat enhancement. biodiversity and Carbon analysis
- Must be a good people manager who can keep the team united and motivated.
- Proficiency with GIS, Project Management and business analytics tools.
- Well-developed leadership and project management skills; must be a team player with the ability to navigate large and complex cross-functional engagements
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced business environment
We are looking for a self-motivated, detail-oriented individual who has a knack for solving business problems and manage the function smoothly. This person will be working with the leadership team, as well as with members of many different teams within our growing organisation.