Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2023
Who is AiDash?
AiDash is making critical infrastructure industries climate-resilient and sustainable with satellites and AI. Using our full-stack SaaS solutions, customers in electric, gas, and water utilities, transportation, and construction are transforming asset inspection and maintenance - and complying with biodiversity net gain mandates and carbon capture goals. Our customers deliver ROI in their first year of deployment with reduced costs, improved reliability, and achieved sustainability goals. Learn more at www.aidash.com.
What are we building?
We are revolutionizing operations, maintenance and sustainability for core industrial and service sectors. This is what keeps us awake at night. We believe in AI with a purpose; AI with humans at its core, action-oriented Intelligence, solves complex problems, and outperforms the expectations of our customers.
What's the role?
The goal of our team is to build products that make environmental assessment, monitoring, planning and reporting simple and user friendly, holistic and to be consistently applied across their business, and economic while not compromising quality. We want our users to accelerate sustainable enhancements by using our products.
We launched the Intelligent Sustainable Management System (ISMS) at COP26 in Glasgow, Nov 2021, that automates habitat assessment, calculates biodiversity to UK Government standards and provides a web-app for our client to plan, track and report on land enhancements across their estate. This is the beginning of a journey for our product that aims to expand to Carbon verification, natural capital quantification and detection services across land, air and water globally. You will be working within a team to expand the solution capabilities.
What will you do?
- Help develop and evangelize our sustainability solution (a true believer in our purpose).
- Being prepared to work flexible times in assisting the delivery of client projects.
- Participation in client on-boarding process, be a source of environmental expertise and reinforce our customer experience.
- Part of the operational team of ecologists and geospatial specialists to validate, refine and provide quality assurance to baseline maps.
- Field experiments and field surveys (for clients) when necessary and provide assurance to the accuracy / quality of Geospatial analysis and model training datasets.
- Research, develop and maintain a library comprising regional standards, classification methods, eco-data sources and verification requirements.
- Guide and provide expertise to enable the development of additional product applications i.e. ecosystem metrics.
- Work cross-functionally with data scientists and data engineers to integrate Geospatial models and new applications into the production pipeline.
The role will be integral to further developing the ISMS solution, supporting customer onboarding and maintaining an excellent service experience.
Support product development activities and contribute to new concepts and present new ideas to wider audiences.
What are we looking for?
- Degree level with industry experience in ecology, environmental science or related field with a focus on habitat enhancement, biodiversity and Carbon analysis.
- Professional body membership – associate / full / chartered member status is desirable I.e. CIEEM (UK) or equivalent
- Demonstrable GIS mapping experience and ecological consultancy skills (exposure to external / contracted clients)
- Experience in Environmental reporting and field surveys to professional standards (Desktop, habitat / ecological survey, Environment Assessment / Environment Preview Report / Environmental Impact Assessment)
- Some experience with remote sensing i.e. aerial imagery, Satellite imagery, drone imagery etc. Desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge and understanding of Ecosystem services and natural capital accounting. Experience of reporting and quantifying eco-system services is highly desirable (e.g. biodiversity, Carbon stored / in flux, water quality to regional classification and standards).
- Practicable experience in providing habitat surveys i.e. Phase 1 or UK Habitat, verification work and recommending enhancement options to clients - ability to self-organise / manage workload is key.
- Experience in researching and developing natural capital / ecosystem service methods.
- Understanding of the Biodiversity Net Gain process (UK or similar elsewhere).
- A high degree of self-motivation, and willingness to work in a fast paced and unstructured business environment.