Utility Arborist Specialist
San Jose, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 1, 2023
Who is AiDash?
AiDash is on a mission to transform operations and sustainability in core industries. Using satellites and artificial intelligence, AiDash delivers critical insights to industries with geographically distributed assets, including utilities, energy, transportation, and mining. Customers use AiDash’s software to make informed decisions and build optimized long-term plans, all while reducing costs, improving reliability, and achieving sustainability goals.
To date, AiDash has worked with 75 customers across 45 states and 5 continents. AiDash is backed by top-tier venture capital investors, including G2VP, BGV, National Grid Partners, SE Ventures, Edison International and Shell Ventures. To learn more about how AiDash is making core industries more resilient, efficient, and sustainable, visit www.aidash.com.
What is the role?
As a Utility Arborist Specialist at AiDash, your primary responsibility will be to collaborate with our team and utility customers to verify the accuracy and quality of the satellite imagery analysis results. Your expertise will play a critical role in ensuring that our technology delivers reliable and actionable data for vegetation management programs. Key responsibilities include:
Ground Truth Verification: Conduct field visits and on-site assessments to verify the accuracy of satellite imagery analysis related to clearances, vegetation density, and equipment type within utility rights-of-way.
Communication and Reporting: Effectively communicate and document your findings to our team and utility customers. Provide clear and concise feedback reports that help identify potential issues and areas for improvement.
Electric Utility Expertise: Utilize your in-depth knowledge and experience working with electric utilities and their vegetation management programs to identify specific requirements and challenges unique to each utility's operations.
Technology and Map Proficiency: Demonstrate proficiency in using technology and working with maps to interpret satellite imagery and other geospatial data.
What are we looking for?
- ISA Certified Arborist, additional industry certifications such as ISA Utility Specialist, ISA TRAQ or other industry related certifications.
- 4-year degree in Forestry, Arboriculture, Environmental Studies, GIS or related disciplines.
- Minimum of 4 years Electric Utility Experience: Proven experience working with electric utilities and familiarity with their vegetation management programs and regulatory requirements.
- Technology Proficiency: Comfortable using technology and geospatial tools for data analysis, map interpretation, and reporting.
- Excellent Communication Skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively collaborate with the AiDash team and utility customers.
- Vegetation Management Expertise: Extensive knowledge of vegetation management practices, including trimming, pruning, and clearance activities near utility infrastructure.
- Equipment Familiarity: Understanding of electric utility infrastructure and the equipment required for vegetation management with the ability to provide recommendations for optimal equipment selection.
- Detail-Oriented: Meticulous attention to detail in verifying satellite imagery analysis results and providing accurate reports.
- Flexibility: Ability to work independently, adapt to varying project requirements, and manage time efficiently. Candidates must have high ownership and low ego.
- Up to 80% travel is required.